Dodge SRT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
You are pretty much at stock boost, it depends on the outside conditions like cold, heat, barometric pressure etc.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Good to know, thanks. My goal is to get this thing solid as can be at stock conditions before I go doing any major modifications..

In the mean time I did de-badge the trunk lid..

Before

After

Shooting for a very clean Car... the previous owner really did a good Job of taking bad care of the car and also breaking stuff.

Punched the windshield and broke it.. slammed his elbow into center console armrest and broke it.. and I am assuming hit the dash which may be why the boost gauge is broke.. the pod itself is cracked pretty good.

How do I know all of this ? Well it was my brother in law of course!

·
Registered
856 Posts
How is the paint on the car? In the previous photos, it looks clean. But we all know photos are deceiving lol. Are you going to do a FULL detail on it? Including paint correction, polish, sealant etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Car will definitely need some attention as far as the body goes.. I'll post some photos of the body issues when I get a chance.

If I get really serious about it, which my wife and I talked about doing in the future, I will pay to have it professionally repaired and repainted, bay and jambs included..

Unfortunately before I took ownership there was a short period of time where this car got parked under a buckeye tree for about a year. On the roof there are maybe 5-10 small dings similar to the look of hail. Also on the trunk lid and the hood.. very very minor, but you can see them.

This car was rode hard and put away wet almost every time he drove it... and was completely neglected.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Unfortunately, thats how alot of the srt's are these days. The new generation were in grabs them up, and tears them up. Then tries to resell them for a higher profit then their actually worth. I miss the "clean and simple" builds and preservations for these cars.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It's amazing really. I live in a town where Chrysler vehicles are pretty much dominant. There are 4 transmission plants and a casting plant all in a 20 mile radius. I happen to work at one of them. But anyway, I see SRT challengers, chargers, 300s and jeeps all the time. Even the occasional viper once or twice a year. And I rarely ever see the driver going any faster than the normal flow of traffic...but as soon as an srt4 passes by.. they are almost always WOT, hammering through the gears working on breaking the shift forks and gear selectors.. like its NASCAR or something.

It's unbelievable lol

·
Registered
856 Posts
Exactly!! Then walks out a 17 yr old thinking they got the baddest thing on the planet. Definitely keeping an eye on your build. I say put the stocks on, keep them the same color. Don't go the traditional route and spray them black. Clean them up, mount the correct sized tire, drop it a subtle amount. Super Clean Sleeper status

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks. I definitely don't think anybody would be disappointed when I am done. I have a great idea of how I am going to *tastefully* modify this car.

It's also worth mentioning that while I was under the car the other day I noticed some dangling wires around the k frame, coming from the firewall. After some digging around, I found a wire mess under the carpet next to kick plate by the clutch pedal. Someone installed some *sweet ground effex lights* . I immediately removed all of the lights and associated wiring. Now the interior wiring is nice and clean, factory wiring..

What are people thinking when they put these things in......

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Do you plan to drive the car during winter?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I like this blue.
Do you have the reference of the color please ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
The fastest color is orange blast lol good job on the rebuild. I'm doing the same thing, but my car is or was a little more beat up .the kid paid 6500.00 an owned it for 5 months. His excuse for not changin the oil was .I couldn't unscrew the oil cap . That's the kid of car I'm fixing

·
Registered
45 Posts
The fastest color is orange blast lol good job on the rebuild. I'm doing the same thing, but my car is or was a little more beat up .the kid paid 6500.00 an owned it for 5 months. His excuse for not changin the oil was .I couldn't unscrew the oil cap . That's the kind of car I'm fixing
also I had bolts broken off in the block

21 - 40 of 77 Posts