Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove down to Turbo XS to meet up with Nathan to do some dyno runs. Let me tell you I was VERY HAPPY!! :D

With just a boost controller pushin' 16.9psi and shitty* 93 octane gas, my baby made 262.3whp/290wt!! :shock:

LID came down to watch the runs and Silverbullet got there right after. I had a chance to meet Phil from Turbo XS as well.

* I say shitty because my dumbass got the gas at a convient store and my motor experienced detonation at around 5450 RPM. Nathan and Phil said this has never happened to the XS car, but they use good gas!!

PLOT COMING SOON!!

·
Super Moderator
Black ‘21 Mach 1 Mustang Tremec 6-Speed/Recaros
6,326 Posts
=D> Wow!

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
i would love to see the faces of those people who thought you cant make 300whp and 300wt only having spent 19,995 + $300-500 mods :twisted:

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
But you have to remember, dyno's do lie :)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Those damn New Zealander's....

If you've been reading this forum for awhile, you'll know that I use TXS also. The software for the Dynapak's is developed by NZ'ers, who think a "hub" is a "flywheel". The numbers are actually hub HP, which is essentially the same as WHP. The important thing to note is the TCF... it's set to 1.00. If they wanted to measure crank (or what we call a "flywheel")HP, they would make it 1.15%.

I'm sure Nathan can elaborate (again) if necessary.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I just dyno'ed mine again tonight. 241hp/280tq at about 16.5-17psi, and damn if it wasnt about 85-90 in that place! What was outside temp at the time?

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the compliments everyone!! :D

Here's some answers for the questions:

Wow! So you think it'll run OK with "good" gas, or are you going to turn the boost down a bit? Hope the detonation didn't hurt anything...

Yes, I think it will fe fine on QUALITY 93 octane. Like I said, the gas in my tank was REAL POOR and Nathan reccomend I use Sunoco or Chevron. As for hurting, detonation is NEVER good but the ECU in the car did a GREAT job of pulling the timing and it (detonation) was real quick and only once.

Now go convert that BMP to a JPG.....

It's only 384K!! WaSp's server is runnin' a little slow!! :p

But you have to remember, dyno's do lie

Hey, what's a discussion without a naysayer!! 8)

I agree with turbo4life. Why does the graph say "FlyWheel Torque Graph" and "FlyWheel Power Graph"? Are they correcting for driveline loss? Are they using a SAE correction factor? You should get the raw, uncorrected torque and power data from the TurboXS guys.

drolander handled this one nicely, THANKS!!

Glad to see you made it home safe!

Yes!! Thank you again!! You and Phil are really great guys and I'm sure you guys will see me again!! :D Now, get back to work on that UTEC!! :p

What was outside temp at the time?

It was 72 degrees.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
drizze99 said:
I agree with turbo4life. Why does the graph say "FlyWheel Torque Graph" and "FlyWheel Power Graph"? Are they correcting for driveline loss? Are they using a SAE correction factor? You should get the raw, uncorrected torque and power data from the TurboXS guys.
dammit!!!

i should have bet you some money on how long it would take for someone to say that!! i figured it would be a couple of posts in. :lol:

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lifeisdeath said:
drizze99 said:
dammit!!!

i should have bet you some money on how long it would take for someone to say that!! i figured it would be a couple of posts in. :lol:
:rofl: That would have been a good bet!! And we even predicted it today!! :rofl:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.