Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car feels like it keeps pulling timing, or something. It pulls hard in 1st and 2nd, but then just falls on its face. I pull the neg. battery terminal, but it doesnt feel like its reseting the pcm. my radio presets dont reset also (shouldnt they?) Ive had it off all night long and still nothing changes. Do I have to get the pcm reflashed? If it matters these are the mods on the car.

I have an 04, with Agp WGA, perrin Mbc, bdj exhaust, k&n cai, mopar BOV. MSD coil pack and wires.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
When did this start happening? Did you do any mods right before it started doing this? Have you checked your plug gaps?

·
Registered
8,059 Posts
Problem between seat and gas pedal? :lol: Kidding.....
Check your wires...I found that if you have the 7.5 MSDs they don't work right on the stock plugs. The 7s do. Also, check that the ECU is not pulling timing due to you "overboosting" or some such thing. Seen that happen to a few people.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
If your clock doesn't read 12:00 after you trying to reset the PCM then it didn't reset. Make sure the negative battery terminal isn't touching the battery hook-up at all or anything metal just to make sure.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
peformance shouldnt really change based on gearing , the engine either performs good or bad in all gears. You might just be noticing lack of power more as gears rise.

The only thing that could affect things like that woudl be bad plugs, as boost rises in higher gears the plugs could be crapping out. Try some new plugs if the old ones have been in there longer than 7,000 miles. I guess coil and wires could be bad a well but you'd have to test all three parts.

·
Registered
376 Posts
what is a pcm and why would u reset it? i just got my car today used with 22k miles and wondering if i should do it and if i need to do anything else?

·
Registered
464 Posts
srt4turbo04 said:
If your clock doesn't read 12:00 after you trying to reset the PCM then it didn't reset. Make sure the negative battery terminal isn't touching the battery hook-up at all or anything metal just to make sure.
Yup, if your clock reads 12:00 it worked. However you won't lose your radio presets. I've left my battery disconnected overnight and it still kept them.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Based on your mod list I'd guess you've got something hooked up wrong and the car is getting wise to it.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Black03SRT-4 said:
what is a pcm and why would u reset it? i just got my car today used with 22k miles and wondering if i should do it and if i need to do anything else?
power control module.. it's your car's computer/brain.. when u reset it, it goes back to default and has to relearn the parameters over again, etc...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I have champion plugs with about 200 miles on them, I checked them and I am running very lean. they all are bone white!!! I had them gapped to what the original plugs were, which is 50000's I re-gapped them to 38000's hopefully that will help.
by the way I am running the stock pcm!
Thanks for all the input guys!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.