Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
P1188 EOT Sensor Ckt. High Voltage - was the code my car just threw does anyone know what this is and what can i do to fix it? Thanks

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
this is a very common code, dont worry too much about it. you either put on a boost controller or a WGA, didnt you? its an overboost code. dont fret. reset the PCM and remove the red line from the car and plug it up. problem solved.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah installed a stage 2 wga and this started happening, what can i use to cap off the red line?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I think it is better to run the tip mod than to cap the red line. The TIP sensor needs to be close to the MAP sensor reading. By adding a small bleed before the TIP it will not see full boost but will read higher than atmostsphere (as when it is capped).

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
uberingram said:
I have mine capped and it's capped for a long ass time with zero issues.
Is yours an '05?

G

·
so the red line has to see boost if you have fades tip mod on the white line? I just got this code after changing things around a bit I did not used to get it but I cant remember how i had it eactly....(changed around so many times) Im in an 05

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Take the red line out of your upp then cap it with a 3/16 or 1/4 ball bearing can't remember which one but their cheap get both(Make sure the ball bearing is big enough so it doesn't get sucked in the upp). After you shove the ball bearning in the boot of the red line put it back in the upp no leaks no worry til you go over 18psi.

G

·
why not just vacum cap it? if there is a ball bearing on the end of the nipple off the UPP and you put the red line back on, its the same as just capping the nipple on the UPP and leaving red line disconnected. only difference would be the slight variations of atmospheric change that the open air redline would see.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I've recently got the P1188 code and I've reverted everything back to stock, so PCM is controling boost again. All solenoids are connected. Car drives fine, just like stock as it should since it's stock again. All lines tripple checked, they are hooked up correctly. Checked for boost leaks upto 15psi since stock I dont go above 13psi. Part throttle boost never passes 4-5psi due to stock WGA and PCM controller boost, as it should be. I haven't heard anyone gettin this stock. I know it's common with aftermarket boost control, but that's not the case for me.

Sorry to hijack, but any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've recently got the P1188 code and I've reverted everything back to stock, so PCM is controling boost again. All solenoids are connected. Car drives fine, just like stock as it should since it's stock again. All lines tripple checked, they are hooked up correctly. Checked for boost leaks upto 15psi since stock I dont go above 13psi. Part throttle boost never passes 4-5psi due to stock WGA and PCM controller boost, as it should be. I haven't heard anyone gettin this stock. I know it's common with aftermarket boost control, but that's not the case for me.

Sorry to hijack, but any ideas?
Looks like it's been a lot if yrs since you posted this but I got same on my stock ACR. FYI

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.