Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up everyone, would anyone know why my car has problems starting on first crank? it always starts on the second try but on the first it just won't or it hesitates to turn on? two times in the past week the battery had gone completely dead but i just bought a brand new one today and I'm still having the same problem? can anyone please help me, the car has bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump, agp catch can, bigger turbo msd coil pack?

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Check the connections at the starter.

·
Registered
192 Posts
When is the last time u changed the fpr.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hate to bring up a old thread but I’m having this exact issue with my car. Always starts on the second try. It never starts on the first try especially if the cars been sitting. Although If the cars warm it’ll start up first try. Any ideas what may be causing this issue?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Could be bleeding fuel pressure when the car is off. If it's bleeding pressure when the car is off, it'll take a bit of time to prime it after it been sitting. Would explain why it does not start on the first try after it's been sitting, but starts up quickly when it's been run recently. Hook up a fuel pressure gauge near the rail and monitor the pressure.

Could also just be a dirty fpr.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I had something similar happen twice. First time, it was the FPR. Second time it was the starter itself.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
FPR could be weak, pump too. .
easier just to turn to on position, count to 5s.. then start..

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
can you get a video of how it acts to show us?

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Ah ok... i know the problem.

We have just verified that you got the female version. She needs a bit of foreplay before shes willing to go all the way....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts