Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok right now im having 3 distinct problems, maybe someone here has had the same one, two, or three:

First problem:

Mopar Cool Air Intake; intake boot keeps coming loose if i tighten it too much, as in it pops out. if i tighten it lightly, but not too light, and i end up getting leaks in the boot going to the intake. clamp to the turbo is fine. The intake I have isnt on mopar.com, or wasnt when i purchased it, i went to the dealer, the intake i own goes through a hole and into my driver-side fender with an aluminum plate on the bottom below my fog lights.

QUESTION: Would that give me start-up problems? Is that the cause of the fluttering when im in gear and slightly press on the accelerator? Lastly, is it supposed to scream/whistle on full throttle?

Second Problem: Start-up is problematic, i get a little bit of choke, this may be coincidental, but started happening shortly after i got the CAI. One of my work buddies told me a good amount of smoke is coming out of my exhaust, saying it was "bluish white".

No question on that one, other than WTF is going on?

Third Problem: Yesterday afternoon, my boost kept dropping. 13psi, 10psi, 6psi, to 3psi at full throttle. The car is making a whooshing sound, i can hear it bounce of walls and guard rails when i go by. I let off the accelerator and it goes away. the sound got worse as the psi went down. Its at a relatives house right now, didnt want to drive it all the way home. But if I pop the hood, open up the throttle, the turbo sounds like it's working fine. Only when it's in gear does it make this sound.

·
Registered
818 Posts
to start off if i were you. I would start the car and climb underneath or lay in front. Look from where the rubber IC hose connects from the solid piping to your intercooler. Insure that even if it looks attached that its not just half on. move around to the other side of your IC and check where it attaches there as well. If still good move up to your TB. I would be willing to bet that one of these hoses is loose at one of those 4 pts. Its common and happens to everyone. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JollyGreen said:
to start off if i were you. I would start the car and climb underneath or lay in front. Look from where the rubber IC hose connects from the solid piping to your intercooler. Insure that even if it looks attached that its not just half on. move around to the other side of your IC and check where it attaches there as well. If still good move up to your TB. I would be willing to bet that one of these hoses is loose at one of those 4 pts. Its common and happens to everyone. Hope that helps.
Here comes the stupid question; what is a TB. is that timing belt??

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Problem has been fixed

Thanks man, you were right, i looked underneath, kinda tried figuring out what you were talking about since i am a car newbie. Looked at the intercooler, traced the black hard pipe back to it, and from the hard pipe to the rubber pipe, there was my clamp, barely hanging onto the rubber by a metal staple. Had to take out the staple to readjust the clamp, tightened it around the hard pipe and now it's boosting again, past 13psi. Thanks a lot!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts