Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only raced 3 times because I had to get back home to keep the wife happy, but here's what I ran.

1st run:
.911 recation time (lame)
1/4 mile time: 15.487
1/4 mph: 95.34

2nd run:
.765 reaction time (better)
1/4 mile time: 14.316
1/4 mph 97.83

3rd run:
.972 reaction time
1/4 mile time: 14.935
1/4 mph: 95.54 (smoked a V6 mustang on this run by about 12 cars. He says he missed 3rd gear, oh well. As he said, I have bragging rights. I knew the guy from work, he's cool to race even though he lost he wasn't an asshole like some people who can never get beat without calling you names and acting a fool.)

Overall for my first time with a pretty much stock car and stock tires, not too bad. At least I didn't let Lisa beat me! :tongue: (j/k)
I only have the K&N intake installed and I have only had the car for a week and a half, so I wasn't used to launching in it yet. It has over 1000 miles now. I can't wait to try it next month with stage 2 turbo installed and see the slips. Peace out...

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Yeah, nice times...the best I had for the day was a 14.7 against a V8 Cobra. I just have to work on my starts and I'll get to low 14's no problem.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Your times will be real bad with S2, its not easy to keep the tires from breaking free.

You'll need an EBC with stage 2 if you plan to play.

I'm still trying to dial in my EBC, my low setting is golden, but trying to get the most out of HIGH is a real pain in the ass.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
It's just practice guys. I ran a 14.0 in my completely stock '03 sans limited slip. Keep running and break in the car a little more, Chris.

·
Registered
8,059 Posts
I would have run, but I was dead tired. Damn woman. And my RT would have been shit and I probably would have fallen asleep at the tree. :lol: Next weekend is Eisenach, for those that want to do runs there. I think I'll go after I put Progress springs on, mostly just to check out the piles of women that show up at that thing and to get drunk with the F-body crew (again....).

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I overheard some mustang guys talking about their 1/4 mile times and they were in the 14's and 15's feeling bad about it. I told them I had never done this before and showed them my slip. They were shocked when they saw I was 14's with a 1/4 mph of 97.83 mph. Is that a big deal for them? I thought they were joking at first and then they kept saying they couldn't believe a Neon could go that fast within a quarter mile.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We'll see how my times are once it's installed.

artimishoke said:
Your times will be real bad with S2, its not easy to keep the tires from breaking free.

You'll need an EBC with stage 2 if you plan to play.

I'm still trying to dial in my EBC, my low setting is golden, but trying to get the most out of HIGH is a real pain in the ass.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
wenzel said:
I overheard some mustang guys talking about their 1/4 mile times and they were in the 14's and 15's feeling bad about it. I told them I had never done this before and showed them my slip. They were shocked when they saw I was 14's with a 1/4 mph of 97.83 mph. Is that a big deal for them? I thought they were joking at first and then they kept saying they couldn't believe a Neon could go that fast within a quarter mile.
Yeah, some of the Mustang guys were the same way around me. I was complaining about my take offs, and when I told them I was running high 14's, they were shocked. I have to say that everyone I raced was pretty cool. I know the Audi TT I raced was "surprised" when he saw how I pulled on him. I'll see how my times improve on Sunday.

·
Registered
150 Posts
mr_bojangles80 said:
Yeah, nice times...the best I had for the day was a 14.7 against a V8 Cobra. I just have to work on my starts and I'll get to low 14's no problem.
Man, I was watching you, and it was that damn launch! Same old story...You just burned and burned on those launches. When you finally caught traction, it was like a slingshot. Someone has to figure out a remedy for this no-traction launch. :rofl:

·
Registered
8,059 Posts
Yeah, the Mustang guys I've met in Bitburg and Eisenach are cool. Same with just about the entire F-body crew. No attitudes, just "run what ya' brung!" I know in Eisenach I wound up against Bruce in the NOS Firehawk a few times because no one would race either one of us after about 5 runs. And yeah, he spanked my ass pretty damn good. For an 8-cylinder :lol: I'm listening now at home in my apartment at 0500 and I hear the kids running races on A5. Time to play....

·
Overseas Moderator
1,189 Posts
mr_bojangles80 said:
Yeah, some of the Mustang guys were the same way around me. I was complaining about my take offs, and when I told them I was running high 14's, they were shocked. I have to say that everyone I raced was pretty cool. I know the Audi TT I raced was "surprised" when he saw how I pulled on him. I'll see how my times improve on Sunday.
Luck for you that i don`t race today!! :eeeek: :rofl:

·
Registered
8,059 Posts
Manni-T said:
Luck for you that i don`t race today!! :eeeek: :rofl:
LISA! LISA! LISA! :rofl:
Hey Bojangles, what's it like being beat by an Opel? DRIVEN BY A WOMAN! :lol:
J/K....I know your car is still pretty much stock. For now...

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
If I can just get the damn traps down...today I was sucking on the traps. It didn't stop me from flying past a Mitsu Spyder!:clap:

·
Registered
472 Posts
mr_bojangles80 said:
If I can just get the damn traps down...today I was sucking on the traps. It didn't stop me from flying past a Mitsu Spyder!:clap:
yeah..jerrys crazy running wirth a shot motor mounts and a ebc that WONT WORK..

my times sucked bal;ly on sat,but at leastr i worked on my R/Ts

yes i need to use the stock steelies up front (thos 17s slow the car down ALOT)

but it was just plain too hot yesterday..car kept gettin slower with every run...

did u all see the Black 3 series E30 bmw with trhe c20let opel motor :wah?!: and that huge *t4?* turbo???? he had an 8 injector setup too:readclose ..talked to the guy.he was pretty cool..even told me how the mated the BMW tranny to the Opel block

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
You mean my good friend in the Spider, Mr. Friendly? lol.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Yeah, he's a nice guy. I told him I want to run him in October if he gets that DSM engine in his car.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Manni-T said:
I thought your mission is beating the Opel one time! With Lisa driving!!! :rofl:
Maybe it's a good thing my car was in the shop or I might have lost to the Opel too!! :jester:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I can admit when I'm beat. Of course, no one will be able to stop the Opel once Manni adds his "Lucky Charms" mod. :lol: Manni, you might want to inform the guys on that one.:thumbupsq

·
Registered
8,059 Posts
Sweet Jesus, someone please have Lisa spanking Josh on video!
FWIW, he is still basically running stock. Those RS-300 tailights didn't help any on the track, did they? :rofl:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts