Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is for my dodge avenger. I got the extra injector bungs welded onto the itake manifold for my 8 injector setup and im going to try and run the srt oil pump and pan setup.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Looks good sofar. Just a quick question though...what's the point of having 8 injectors when all the other 2.4s I know of (and 2.6s) can make power just fine with 4 injectors?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turbocruiser13 said:
Looks good sofar. Just a quick question though...what's the point of having 8 injectors when all the other 2.4s I know of (and 2.6s) can make power just fine with 4 injectors?
I dont have the same ecu as the srt. The srts have the NGC computer. My set up is more like the portfueler for the srt4 but with a lil bit more controll. so every things work like the factory intended until boost kicks in then the other injectors take over. Thats as simple as i can get it but you know the deal.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SpeedEuphoria said:
also better idle quality and off boost mpg
It seems the best way to go for me with out going stand alone. I almost went megasquirt but i didnt want to rewire every thing and have codes so I went 8 Injectors simple and eficient not to get my oil situation sorted out. Any body got some sugestion on my set up.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The oil pan has been choped and hack the same way a stratus one would be for the original swap. The oil filter assembly has been removed with AN fittings taped in for a remote oil filter. I have and under drive pulley but I guess its bad for the srt. So i went with the srt pump combo just so i can keep my stock balancer and better oil flow pics up tomorw just finished it when I got my pump and pan from SMOKINSRTBOI.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts