Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I raced a friend on a “drag strip” not on a deserted county road because that would be illegal. I had a 130 Lb. passenger and my sunroof and windows open. He has no sunroof. Anyway from a dig I beat him to 100 mph and he then he slowly passed me. Also from a 50 mph roll same thing, had him until 100 mph. I figure (and logic says) that if he had the passenger and I had my sunroof and windows closed I would have held the lead longer or not lost it at all. But I am happy with the results so far!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,927 Posts
I find it interesting that it took nearly 15 years and double the price for another FWD car to finally dethrone the SRT-4 as fastest FWD car in America. There were a couple others right there in the Cobalt SS turbo and mazdaspeed3, but as far as actually being definitively faster, it was the Civic that finally did it.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I think the clean lines of my SRT-4 looks miles better than the Civic Type R with all it's clutter, doodads and weird lines hanging off of it!

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
Any vids? Help to post your modifications too. This made me laugh:
and I had my sunroof and windows closed I would have held the lead longer or not lost it at all.
and my sunroof and windows open.
Maybe race him again without your 130lb passenger and your windows shut :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any vids? Help to post your modifications too. This made me laugh: Maybe race him again without your 130lb passenger and your windows shut :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
For sure, and after the new plugs, wires, coil, and intake heat wrap that just arrived from Modern Performance!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any vids? Help to post your modifications too. This made me laugh: Maybe race him again without your 130lb passenger and your windows shut :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
No vids, too busy driving. As far as the passenger, I’m pretty sure every 100lbs. Equates to approx .10 (or 1 car length) in the 1/4 mile. Between that and the aerodynamic drag of open sunroof and windows who knows?

·
Super Moderator
15,927 Posts
No vids, too busy driving. As far as the passenger, I’m pretty sure every 100lbs. Equates to approx .10 (or 1 car length) in the 1/4 mile. Between that and the aerodynamic drag of open sunroof and windows who knows?
Sunroof adds 100 hp, totally

1 - 11 of 11 Posts