Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never in my life I would think someone in a 5.0 Mustang would want to race a SRT-4.

This morning covering the same three-lane road going to work, some one in a Mustang, couldn’t see who it was due to the 70 percent front tints, decide to punch the Stang, to give me a challenge.

Though, I knew enough about Stangs to check if it was even possible for a race (stock-on-stock) but from the outside appearance it still look original. The Stang had the slight advantage in the beginning (rolling start) for the 1st to 2nd gear, after shifting the cars came out even. Pedal to metal, I started to pull away from the Stang. In fourth I was already a car and half ahead until the upcoming traffic was to congest to continue. By then it was three cars away. It seems the faster I went the further the distance between the cars. The Stang lost umph in the high speed portion but seemed to have the torque from the beginning.

Man! I could not believe it. I am sure the owner didn’t either. Baahaaaaaahaaaa I never had the opportunity to check the Speedo to see how fast we were going.

Whoa…it really surprised the gee bees out of me. Who could of thought the SRT-4 could beat a stock 5.0 Mustang.

When we came up to the light, low and behold, an SS Caprice. Man! I wish there was not any traffic out this time in the morning.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How bout sat nite my wife n I decided 2 take the srt out instead of the 02 z28. We were stopped at a lite by a set of railroad tracks when I hear this guy pull up next 2 me reving his engine. So I look over 2 c wut it was n it was a 95 corvette with an lt1 6 speed. THe other day before then I beat a 96z28 from aq roll n at a stop. So I figured wut the hell. The light turned green N we both took off. 1st gear we were dead even, 2nd I started 2 get half a car, third I had a full car all the way through 5th gear it stayed that way. Never once did he pass my rear bumper. Remember that it was me n my wife n he was by himself. I didnt even spray the intercooler. 2 many people look at the srt as just a neon. Wait till they try n run 1.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
You better respect civics, to an extent. If you roll up next to a hatchback, you don't know if it's a 10 sec runner or a 17 sec ricer. Same with 5.0's. Most you should be able to beat, but some are monsters. Don't feel bad when a civic or 5.0 beats your ass. It won't happen often, but when it does, don't be disappointed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Pinche Gringo said:
I agree with "ebbtide"!!!
About the civics...dont be suprised. Me and my cousin in his s2000 we raced alot of cars and won!! One day we pulled up to a civic all done up front mount body kit turbo obviously everything. We were both reving our engines we could hear his blow of valve as he reved and let go. We obviously had the s2000 in vtech when reving. All i have to say was it was a close race!! The s2000 wasnt slow and my cousin is a really good driver. We were shocked. Then we saw a hatchback no turbo but prob a drope in engine on a light body he had 4 people in the car. One of them was at least 250-300 in the back. We raced them and they were on our back bumper the whole time!!! Dont forget the s2000 beat a z06 3 times a new m3...etc So have respect. Nothing is wrong with tuned civics. Even though my car is going to be the srt4 I have respect for those who actually go for speed in there ricers!

·
Registered
137 Posts
="BeanTownsSRT-4
Dont forget the s2000 beat a z06 3 times a new m3...etc
Say WHAT :?: :!:

I have raced many an s2k even with a blower in my S4, they had no chance up high or down low...
Next door to me guy owns an e46 M3 and yes he lost too... but not a Z06 w/ my stage 2+ S4...

Haven't ran any of those cars in the SRT4 yet...

·
Registered
74 Posts
All i have to say to all of those people who call the SRT-4, "just a Neon". I guess you could say the same for a civic, "its just a civic". Don't be hypocrits, its annoying as hell when people get all angry about the SRT because its a fast car straight out of the box, and the only defense they have is, "its still a Neon" just because their car can't beat it. As for civics being fast, i've never raced one in boston that was fast. I've seen video's of civics beating vipers but not in person so i'm still biast against them since in my area they only have a trash can muffler and some tacky body kit.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
hemidakota said:
BMW Z06? I don't know if they made one...but they have a Z03 and now a Z04. Also, a Z08, but that is a 100K car that you will not find on the street.
well i have seen a bunch of bmw z-8's on the streets here in jacksonville........

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
boostedneonsrt4 said:
hemidakota said:
BMW Z06? I don't know if they made one...but they have a Z03 and now a Z04. Also, a Z08, but that is a 100K car that you will not find on the street.
well i have seen a bunch of bmw z-8's on the streets here in jacksonville........
Whoa... :shock:

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
I raced a Z4 in my old car...an Audi 2.8 Quat and i got worked.. :cry: but now if i race one i think i would give him a run for the money :D has anyone raced a 350 z track model yet?! i wanna know the outcome!

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HybridKid said:
I raced a Z4 in my old car...an Audi 2.8 Quat and i got worked.. :cry: but now if i race one i think i would give him a run for the money :D has anyone raced a 350 z track model yet?! i wanna know the outcome!
With a track model it is in the Cobra terrority with about .8 second slower. Alot faster than our stock SRT-4 but cost about the same as the SVT.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
18 Participants
ayat108
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing