Dodge SRT Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
great news!
buddie here found out that you can find the exact same connectors in your a-pillars!
Dodge used them for the door harness!

So the cheapest way to fix that damaged plug is to find a neon
at the junkyard and locate these plugs at the a-pillar right and left.
These plugs are connecting the doors.

·
Registered
44 Posts
need some help please! think i have this problem too..just the other day my foglights didnt work. worked one day then not the next. i have HID foglights and headlights, no relays for either. headlights work fine no problem. no weird on or off randomly stuff. i have the halo headlights as well and a couple gauges so sounds like ive been lucky so far with no issues with the strain it puts on this peice apparently. checked all the fuses and the grey connector peice which seems to be fine notice no melting, never smelt any burning, no wire/intercooler issue. but when i pull the tab for the foglights it works like normal just no foglight and no foglight icon on the dash cluster like when its activated. read that the MFS switch goes bad sometimes..could this be my problem? just wondering if its the switch or the grey connector or both. if you guys out there who had this problem had the same situation as me and could help me out i'd appreciate it. thanks!!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Not meaning to bump an old thread but I gotta do this to mine. It's been f***ed for awhile....

·
Registered
474 Posts
Speaking of melted connectors... here's some side marker sockets that were melted with halogen bulbs in them. I had to replace them with new sockets & add LED's which have ran much cooler & less load.

Mine just did this on the driver's side with stock bulbs. I put LED's in them now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Where did you get the new light socket from? Whats the part number? I cant find one anywhere!

Speaking of melted connectors... here's some side marker sockets that were melted with halogen bulbs in them. I had to replace them with new sockets & add LED's which have ran much cooler & less load.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Where did you get the new light socket from? Whats the part number? I cant find one anywhere!
Good luck getting a reply. This thread is six years old and this forum is pretty much dead.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good luck getting a reply. This thread is six years old and this forum is pretty much dead.
That's the beauty of the internet, I asked a question and an OLD post came back to life... you replied... Just because it's 6 yrs old, does that mean nobody knows how to find a light socket for a front bumper??

You can check RockAuto or I think I saw some on Amazon when I looked up the bulbs the other day to change to LED.
I already checked RockAuto and I got no matches, Amazon only has one that will fit Fords and GM cars... I've done every kind of search I could think of, called every store, asked everyone I know linked to the automotive world somehow... still can't find the right ones. I can find bulbs, lenses, and just about everything else... I don't have any u-pull-it junk yards around either, I'm out of ideas!
Guess I'll be parking lot hunting with my dikes >:)

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
That's the beauty of the internet, I asked a question and an OLD post came back to life... you replied... Just because it's 6 yrs old, does that mean nobody knows how to find a light socket for a front bumper??

I already checked RockAuto and I got no matches, Amazon only has one that will fit Fords and GM cars... I've done every kind of search I could think of, called every store, asked everyone I know linked to the automotive world somehow... still can't find the right ones. I can find bulbs, lenses, and just about everything else... I don't have any u-pull-it junk yards around either, I'm out of ideas!
Guess I'll be parking lot hunting with my dikes >:)
Trollers gonna troll. Instead of posting the solution "they" chastise the more recent post.

As for a more load reducing lamps you can check the parts houses or Wally-Mart.

Take the bulb to the parts house and see what they have in stock. Here is what I found: http://www.autozone.com/electrical-and-lighting/turn-signal-light-mini-bulb?filterByKeyWord=turn+signal&fromString=search&isIgnoreVehicle=false

See above for the socket. Hybrid is always on point! Same goes for RockAuto.com!

·
Premium Member
6,801 Posts
FYI, I switched the bulbs to LED recently for the extra brightness and lower amperage draw. I use the park lights as DRL when I drive her during the day, which is nearly 100% of the time.;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dorman 85864
Thanks for the tip! I did a search for that and all I can find out is that it will fit a 95-99 Neon... and other old ass Chryslers. Are they the same as a 2005 SRT4 lense socket? I didnt see any website or manufacture say that it will fit anything newer than a 1999...
Also, when I looked that part number up on Amazon, it says that it doesn't fit a 2005 Neon. Is it some kind of Neon-insider thing to know that they are compatible or something?

Trollers gonna troll. Instead of posting the solution "they" chastise the more recent post.

As for a more load reducing lamps you can check the parts houses or Wally-Mart.

Take the bulb to the parts house and see what they have in stock. Here is what I found: http://www.autozone.com/electrical-and-lighting/turn-signal-light-mini-bulb?filterByKeyWord=turn+signal&fromString=search&isIgnoreVehicle=false

See above for the socket. Hybrid is always on point! Same goes for RockAuto.com!
Fuck the trolls! They are always worthless!! They never have anything to really contribute, but they always have to add their shitty 2 cents... Those are the types of people that should qualify for our modern Nazi "program" (Bill Gates' Eugenics)! The world needs less worthless people!! Make America Great Again by getting rid of the idiots and the crazies!

41 - 54 of 54 Posts