Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do I need to do to get this to work? I herd I need to install a resistor of some sort?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
You need a 10K resistor in either R4 or R7, I can not remember which one, its been about 2 years since I messed with it. I am going to see if I can find the notes I took at the time~ maybe someone else will chime in with the info.

edit: Just noticed Una is on this forum as well. He would prob know.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You only need the 10k resistor with MS1. You should be using MS2. With MS2, you just go to "Tools" in TunerStudio, Calibrate Sensors, select Coolant and Chrysler sensor. And burn the table to the unit. Poof, it will read Chrysler coolant sensors now. :)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
//marvels at Una's brain skills. I am going to be buggin ya here before too long. I am trying to get my hands on a MS3 whenever they are back in stock.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
I thought DIY AutoTune had some in?

·
Registered
10 Posts
How's it going Una? This is Stratman from the TD and TM forums.
Will be working on an SRT4 engine in an Omni soon and this is an inquiry that needed to be ask. This will have all stock sensors and will be running the EMS pro which is the 3.57 board, if I remember right. I guess I needed to research if I can modify the surface mount board for the 10k Ohm resistor.

Thank you guys for all the info on this board!

Chris
TurboFreak.com

·
Registered
37 Posts
EMS Pro? Sounds like an illegitimate clone..
The 10k resistor "trick" is really only needed with an MS1 CPU, MS2 or MS3, you simply tell it you're using Chrysler sensors in TunerStudio, and poof, it works.. :) (And yes, I did have a hand in getting that added)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts