Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have it and used it earlier today. So far, I like it. I'm sure you've prolly already read about how it works, etc. I've used it around 4 times now and it's fairly easy. The only pain I can think of right now is having to buy a new filter every once and a while. Then again, I've only been using the sampler pack so far, so I'm not too sure how expensive the soap/filter will turn out to be in the long run. It is like the ad says, car washing without the bucket and dirty water.

You just spray it down with the rinse mode, then switch it to the left and spray a section down with the soap. The soap comes out in a straight line around a foot from side to side. Scrub the car, then switch back to rinse and take the soap off. After you've washed all the car you switch over to the "Auto Dry" setting which uses a Pur water filter to create De-Ionized (I think that's it?) water, this is what causes the car to dry quickly and without spots. You simply spray that from top to bottom on the car rinsing away the regular water. Then let it dry in the air.

For $25 dollars (retail I bought at) it's not a bad deal at all, then again like I said I haven't had to buy any soap/filters yet. So I'm not sure how expensive it'll be to maintain those in the long run. Aparently the retail filters and soap last longer then just 3 washes like the sampler pack does. I'd recommend it.

BTW, It will get your sponge/shammy a lot dirtier, but it'll shimmer in the sunlight! I think the extra dirt left on the sponge has something to do with the soap and dirt clinging to it together.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I tried the autodry....

I guess my opinion is weighted by my past washings. I was/still am very set in my ways. I never get any water spots without the mr clean, but i thought i would try it to see if it saved me time.

Honestly, i didnt really like it. I guess it just felt too wierd for me to totally leave out the drying stage of detailing my car. It worked...okay. I had a few water spots...dripped out from under the mirrors. But i only used it twice.

My method (assuming your car is waxed) is eagle one car-wash soap, with 2 mitts (one for body; 1 for wheels, wheelwells, and exhaust), and after completely rinsing the car, using "The Absorber (wallmart baby)". By washign my car in the shade, and keeping the car wet the entire time i'm washing it, i clean my car, and totally dry it, in about the same time the mr clean took, and since i dried my car, i know there is no spots of dirt i missed.

Mr. cleans not for me.. mho.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
bmxfreak said:
I tried the autodry....

I guess my opinion is weighted by my past washings. I was/still am very set in my ways. I never get any water spots without the mr clean, but i thought i would try it to see if it saved me time.

Honestly, i didnt really like it. I guess it just felt too wierd for me to totally leave out the drying stage of detailing my car. It worked...okay. I had a few water spots...dripped out from under the mirrors. But i only used it twice.

My method (assuming your car is waxed) is eagle one car-wash soap, with 2 mitts (one for body; 1 for wheels, wheelwells, and exhaust), and after completely rinsing the car, using "The Absorber (wallmart baby)". By washign my car in the shade, and keeping the car wet the entire time i'm washing it, i clean my car, and totally dry it, in about the same time the mr clean took, and since i dried my car, i know there is no spots of dirt i missed.

Mr. cleans not for me.. mho.

ditto....wash in shade (good soft mitt for body, and polyester mitt for everything else), keep entire car wet, and wipe dry with "The Absorber"

·
Registered
103 Posts
Don't get it of your cars black

I used it and, while, at first I thought it did a good job, in the end was dissapointed. It leaves tiny waterspots and is more trouble than it is worth in many ways. You stress about whether the softening agent is done and it leaves some streaks. I have one if you want to buy it for 10$ lol

·
Registered
535 Posts
Im going to stop using it, because my car is black and well it gets dirty in like a day. I hate it being dirty so i wash my car once even twice a week. Im gonna ditch the Auto Dry cuz it gets expensive. I have to get soap and filters all the time (total roughly $12) And i go through soap in about a month. My "absorber" like what bmxfreak and others use works wonders. Also never foget about changing the filter, it says its good for 10 washes, but it's not, i exhaust the filter very fast, prob twice in a month. So dont wash with an exhausted filter, or well. you'll be washing ur car again.

Anway way it works perfectly, but just get's too damn expensive. I've prob bought the whole kit over atleast 5 times paying for soap and filters.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Ive used the absorber and mr clean kit. Best thing i found is to wash it liek you normally would then bust out the mr.clean gun and used the filtered water spray to rinse the whole car really well. I think its easier then trying to wipe every drop of water off with the absorber. I just walk around the car spraying it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
i ahve used the mr clean kit and i liked it but then i starteed to notice that i was getting swrill marks and i didnt kno how well ne way i stop using it and now i use a wax called zymol this shit is awsome i love it and by the way MY CAR IS BLACK. by the way cbr600son i used to live in CHURCH POINT la

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've used it and I love it, the only problem is you want to make sure that you in some type of shade and not direct sunlight, if you're in direct sunlight it heats the soap and dries the regular water before even getting to the De Ionized rinse.
Overall it's dope and I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I use it on my silver car and I like it alot. I think its worth it, makes things a but easier than having to dry the car. try it out at least and see what you think. its bout $20 for the starter kit and if u dont like it then sell it to a friend.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I use it for my quick weekend washes i.e. when I don't wax.

I've had mixed success with it because apparently the water from the tap in my front yard is extremely dirty....I burn through 1 filter per wash (that's about 3 minutes w/ the spot free rinse) and I always have to wipe it down w/ my sponge towel to make sure there are not spots.

Always use it in the shade or in the early morning before the sun comes up, otherwise you'll get a nasty, obvious film on your car.

·
Registered
773 Posts
michaeldpotter said:
What is this "Absorber" that you speak of ? Is it some type of chamois? Everyone seems to like it very much, I may have to pick one up.
"The Absorber" Chamois Cloth
http://www.truckandsport.com/content/pages/THE-ABSORBER/CHAMOIS-CLOTH/product.html

THE ABSORBER®: DRYING CLOTH
Unique material absorbs 3 times faster than other chamois
Unharmed by grease and resistant to oil and many other chemicals
This ultra soft, synthetic chamois is safe to use on the most delicate paint surface
Comes in its own unbreakable container for easy storage
Measures 27 x 17 inches

I cant find a website specifically for them, so that one works. I dont know who makes them, but it is an absolute must for detailing. blows any others away.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
BlkRaidersrt4 said:
I used it and, while, at first I thought it did a good job, in the end was dissapointed. It leaves tiny waterspots and is more trouble than it is worth in many ways. You stress about whether the softening agent is done and it leaves some streaks. I have one if you want to buy it for 10$ lol
Agreed. I never have a shady spot to wash mine at so in the end I got some water marks and I got dried soap streaks. Those were a pain to get off too. :stab:
Oh, BTW the absorber is awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone should get one.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I couldn't agree more with the comments. I much prefer to hand wash with Meguiars soap (and wax) and chamois dry. I didn't find that the Mr. Clean saved much time plus it gets horribly expensive to keep buying the filters and soap.

The Absorber? I'm going to have to try and find it at Canadian Tire or a Wal Mart (in Canada).

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
i think it's worked out pretty good. got my 6 + decent washes out of it and bought a new filter and more soap. don't think what you pay (compared to taking it to the car wash weekly for a 15 dollar + wash) is a bad deal at all. i get some spots or what not sometimes perhaps when i don't hit say the roof that well with all three cycles or the last drying cycle (or w/e it's called) but over all i'm happy with it. when i take it out on wednesday to lewisville, tx i wash it the day of the event and everyone thinks the car looks great. i got tired of being a perfectionistic person but for those of you out there it might piss you off from time to time.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Its a piece of crap... the soap doesn't foam enough and is like not... it uses way too much soap... the rinse mode is like someone pissing on the car. You can just wash it regularly and take the car around the block and have the same effect

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.