Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody heard both of these exhausts without a cat on a srt4?

Is one exhaust louder than the other or are they about the same?

·
Premium Member
4,869 Posts
blubyu said:
:feedback:
Lets try using this feature first.....

CLICK ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you cannot find your answer there then head on over to the people who sell the item for pics, dynoes, etc. When you use the option in the above link you will find LOTS of info on both exhausts. I am not trying to be a prick, but so many people dont use a search button it is unreal. Now some are saying they go through pages and pages of posts and get nothing, but most of the time they are searching in all forums instead of one general area. Example is if someone has issue with electrical problem.....best place to search for posts would be in high tech, general, and performance. Just try to search first then if you dont get an answer to what your looking for come back and we can help you. Also by doing a search you will find link to the exhuasts sounds with and without.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
You could have answered his question in your long smartass response you know?
Very helpful you are.

Most turbobacks with no cats/resonators/mufflers will sound about the same.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I'd lean to the MPx on price alone. Both have great quality and they will both be fairly loud w/o cat.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vschaos said:
Lets try using this feature first.....

CLICK ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you cannot find your answer there then head on over to the people who sell the item for pics, dynoes, etc. When you use the option in the above link you will find LOTS of info on both exhausts. I am not trying to be a prick, but so many people dont use a search button it is unreal. Now some are saying they go through pages and pages of posts and get nothing, but most of the time they are searching in all forums instead of one general area. Example is if someone has issue with electrical problem.....best place to search for posts would be in high tech, general, and performance. Just try to search first then if you dont get an answer to what your looking for come back and we can help you. Also by doing a search you will find link to the exhuasts sounds with and without.
Thanks so much for your help and wonderful insight on forum usage.

Now Fuck [email protected]!

·
Registered
689 Posts
i have the B&B turboback n love it........i think the mpx prob sound very similar, if not the same

·
Banned
5,254 Posts
blubyu said:
Thanks so much for your help and wonderful insight on forum usage.

Now Fuck [email protected]!

for correcting you? You are just mad because you feel stupid. Its ok. In time you will get over the embarrasment and see that he does have a point and you are being a tool about this. I typed in the 2 exhaust just to see and found a clip for the B&B and a decible chart for the other. Not exactly what you want, but will at least tell you if it is legal in your area or not. Now take a deep breath. Relax. It will be ok. See, now isnt that better. Here is a happy face for you to look at for awhile :lol: See, he looks happy. Now you try.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bodizapha13 said:
for correcting you? You are just mad because you feel stupid. Its ok. In time you will get over the embarrasment and see that he does have a point and you are being a tool about this. I typed in the 2 exhaust just to see and found a clip for the B&B and a decible chart for the other. Not exactly what you want, but will at least tell you if it is legal in your area or not. Now take a deep breath. Relax. It will be ok. See, now isnt that better. Here is a happy face for you to look at for awhile :lol: See, he looks happy. Now you try.
You're right.It's not exactly what i want nor exactly what i asked for.

No,i don't feel stupid.Do you?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Yeah the B&B seems to be a bit expensive for my taste I do however likethe large 4 inch chrome tips that it has. I dont think The MPx has these larger tips like the B&B. On the other hand I really like the Y section of the MPx exhaust. It is super clean looking and their welds look like some high quality stuff. If it was me I would go for the MPx

·
Registered
959 Posts
wow. I'll jump in. I wonder why I get so few responses when I drop a semi lucid question. Could it be the hundreds of posts of:

What exhaust is best
What BOV is loudest
Is Stage 1, 2 3 worth it
what is my best turbo swap
What is a map clamp.

My guess? If one is a 3 inch system, that one will probably be cheaper. There are a dozen threads which say that Mopar is good for power into the 300s. We know its cheaper.

Try not being an asshole to a guy who shows the search button to you, or filter back a couple pages to no doubt find 3 threads concerning what you're after.

This board would be alot better if half the people here could use some basic computer skills.

Jesus. Get a life. I'm an asshole? Sorry.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
xthugxlivingx said:
i have the B&B turboback n love it........i think the mpx prob sound very similar, if not the same
That's about what i figured.I have the Maxx Fab/Borla with a cat right now
and i am on the borderline for police harassment as it is.

The PO PO love my car.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ACX said:
wow. I'll jump in. I wonder why I get so few responses when I drop a semi lucid question. Could it be the hundreds of posts of:

What exhaust is best
What BOV is loudest
Is Stage 1, 2 3 worth it
what is my best turbo swap
What is a map clamp.

My guess? If one is a 3 inch system, that one will probably be cheaper. There are a dozen threads which say that Mopar is good for power into the 300s. We know its cheaper.

Try not being an asshole to a guy who shows the search button to you, or filter back a couple pages to no doubt find 3 threads concerning what you're after.

This board would be alot better if half the people here could use some basic computer skills.

Jesus. Get a life. I'm an asshole? Sorry.
Dude,i have been reading the same lucid questions you refer too everyday
since last OCT.

I have burned a hole through the search feature on this forum.If i didn't understand how to use it i would have made a post titled "How do i use
the search function on srtforums.com"

Unless i am instructed by a moderator to not make "semi lucid? posts
then i will make one if i have a "semi lucid" question i would like to ask.

If you don't like reading them then please refrain from reading anything
i may post in the future.

·
Registered
959 Posts
http://srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80705

2 above you.

Point blank. Let's not piss around. I have the Mopar. It's good. It's cheap. The cops don't bug me, my car makes above average power, and my bank account is not fuxored.

Keeping the stock turbo - Mopar
Not, and want attention - BB BB has clips on his website last I heard. I'm sure their are clips of the Mopar.

Catless DP = louder yet.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Your link does not answer my question.
Did you even bother to read the entire thread?

I know that a lot of people live where there are other srt4's around.
I just thought someone here may have heard both exhausts side by
side as comparison.

If one exhaust "mpx or bb" happened to be quiter than the other
then i would buy that exhaust for a turbo upgrade.

Nothing like that in that link you posted.

·
Registered
959 Posts
just posting ANOTHER Exhaust thread. That is my point...

your thread say MPX vs BB I can read.

To me, it is intuitive, the larger system will be louder (either one). There are no mufflers are there? For the price of MOPAR, buy it, sell it and get a new piece when you "get your turbo swap."

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My thread says Modern Performance "MPX" vs Billy Boat.

I wrote that i already have the Mopar/Borla with a Maxx Fab DP.

You seem to have misunderstood.

·
Registered
959 Posts
CLarified.

Either way. Like I said, go with MOPAR until you get the swap. That's my call.

My dyno with stage 1 and Mopar exhaust stock downpipe. 3 inch is overkill unless you have a turbo swap. Spend the money then.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts