Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Depending on your driving habits, expect about 22mpg. If you keep your foot in the boost for any period of time, expect 17mpg. If you drive like my grandma, expect 25-30mpg. Also, the tank is small, so expect to till up every 200-300 miles, but a full tank will only cost you between $12-15.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
ebbtide said:
Depending on your driving habits, expect about 22mpg. If you keep your foot in the boost for any period of time, expect 17mpg. If you drive like my grandma, expect 25-30mpg. Also, the tank is small, so expect to till up every 200-300 miles, but a full tank will only cost you between $12-15.
Do you add urine to make up for the extras? :D

10 Gallons costs me Almost $19 dolalrs .
Lead foot = 17-18MPG (ME)

Granny = 22+ easily.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
I guess they pump gas out of trees like maple syrup where Ebbtide lives. I wish gas was cheap here. I think last time I refueled it was $1.71

·
Registered
22 Posts
You guys have NOTHING to complaint about. Here in montreal canada its about 0.92$/l a us galon is what? 4 liters? so put our 91 octane at 3.68 galon; what do you think? :shock:

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I may not be in Canada, but down here in the Bay Area 91 octane will set you back at least $2.49/gallon...

So that's $20-25 per tank.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Well, we're paying about 1.80 for 93 right now, but I tend to fill up before the light comes on :) Besides, this is motor city, we drink fuel like water up here.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Damn...here in LA...were getting 91 octane horse piss for between $2.30 and $2.40

Its hard to believe that only a few years ago we were getting 87 octane for about $0.95-$1.05 (I was driving a car that didnt need high octane at the time)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Gas Guzzler srt!!!!!!!!

okay I do not know maybe I drive the car wrong(I dont BTW) but how can someone get 25 + miles per galon??? I mean unless you only drive freeway miles like doing 90+ with the ac on sure you will get 22-25 but if you are daily driving it or every other day YOu WILL not get 22-25 .I guess I will be blunt. My very best mileage with my srt-4 now 1700 miles was about 125 for the 12.5 gallons it holds. thats only 10 mpg. I think thats crazy unless theres crazy people sucking gas from my tank when I am parked. I guess theres only one way to say this......

If you want great gas mileage get a civic hybrid. this car is a performance car if you wanted 22-25 do not use boost , lightly gently accelerate. Sorry I got so wrapped up but I'd give you 100 bucks if you could get my srt-4 to do even 20 per gallon

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
SRTdriven, I'm right there with ya!! I get a little more, about 165-175 per tank!! I got a lead foot, and I'm proud of it. The bonus right now is that there are these conveince store/gas stations here in DE that sell 93 octane for 1.76/gal baby!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've been getting 200 miles or so between trips to the ole gas station but only putting in about 8.5 gallons so I guess I'm getting 23-24 mpg. Of course I'm driving pretty cool now 'cause I only got 500 miles on the car. If you drive hard, you won't get more than 20 mpg for sure.

Who cares, this car rocks, I still have a cheaper gas bill than when I had my SUV and I'm putting in super unleaded.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i get about 240 to 260 miles a tank....and i pay 1.72 in tn.
that 240 per tank is with a couple of 120mph races each week on the way to school....but not hammer down everywhere i go! :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
silversrt4 said:
i get about 240 to 260 miles a gallon
:shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Kryke! I got 260 once, and it was on a turnpike drive at 70.

·
Registered
295 Posts
YOu know what???

I think silver srt dude is right!! because as an experiment I thought I would try NO boost, so hard to though. ANyway after 2 days I have gottn 130miles !!!!!! and get this still more than a half tank to go!! thanks

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I know it can be done, but you SRT will hate you. It NEEDS to be pushed!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
16 Participants
daytonagts
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing