Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so I just bought a 05 SRT4 and I look to build it for I guess you can call it road racing. I’m looking to prevent overheating and ways to get the best grip (tire combos/cheap side of suspension) I’m not looking to build a race car but the car scene is small where I live and I have a group of friends that hit corners doing high speeds as we look all over for better roads if anyone has advice I’d love the help! Again any tire setups, suspension or any parts that will help prevent overheating or increase reliability I’m looking into a tune of course at the moment and a wideband will be put in but any other advice is a great help. I don’t want to hit 300hp I’d rather drive 250 at its limit and purchase parts that will protect the car and keep it stable at high speeds and in corners

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
These cars don't overheat unless you neglect them. It isn't a miata (sorry stowaway) ;)
Run a 18psi (stock pressure cap) without a lever.
Make sure your fans work, you are not low on coolant, and you don't have a blown headgasket. There. Your car will be fine.
Best mod is tires, custom alignment...ie toe out, negative camber. You can run a 245/40/17 summer tire on a 17x8 +35 offset rim if you roll the fenders. Those two items together are huge on the attitude of the car without buying sway bars, braces, and coilovers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts