Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.. I have reached 48,000 km on my car and I have to perform a tune-up. Now my dealer told me that they should do a motorvac on my car. (this cleans out my fuel system and combustion chamber).

I had a motorvac done on one of my previous cars (high mileage) and thought it made my car run worse and burn oil.. (my imagination?)

If the dealer highly recommends it, it can't be bad for the car, right?

Also, I always use premium fuel, so after 48000km (30000 miles), it cant be THAT damned dirty, can it? Is it just a money maker for them? or is this procedure really necessary?

thanks

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me,..........iv'e owned approx: a dozen cars in my lifetime, & have NEVER had such a thing done to ANY of my vehicles.________5TOEZ_______

·
Registered
190 Posts
motorvac.....good for older cars. Not sure about your srt 4 unless you've been running peanut oil through the fuel lines or something.

I'll swear by it on older, high mileage cars.
85 celebrity gained 4in/HG vacum after a motorvac treatment at idle. gained 2in/hg vacum with my 91monte carlos. celebrity had 200k on the odometer. montecarlos had 152k.
no extra oil burning/consumption, better fuel mileage, litte more power, smoother idle.

But for an SRT4 at under 100k i wouldnt recomend it. Also if im not mistaken one of the disclamers with the motorvac is that its not designed for turbo'd cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts