Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody replaced the motor mounts yet? I'm looking at the ones from Deyeme Racing (http://www.deyemeracing.com/products.asp). Any thoughts? Are the stock SRT-4 mounts the same as the 2nd gen Neons? Would these work? Are there better ones for racing+street.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Dan my friend Dan and i (Dan 8) )are planning to install DR mounts as soon as he returns from his trip. We'll let you know how that goes. Ive spoken to Travis owner of DR and the mounts do fit the SRT-4 and they are the same as 2nd gens except the tranny mount is different. From what he was telling me the passenger side mounts will take inserts but the tranny one will not. So i told my friend that we'll do 3 solid mounts and Travis agreed thats the best direction on an SRT4...Travis did warn me that once the motor is fully firmed up that the only issue will be keeping tires on the whell cause there will be no wheel hop :twisted: :twisted:

yes guys the mounts will say bye bye after many hard launches and you'll know when one is gone. The side effect is you'll either bust a CV boot or worse but i know this from first hand experience :wink: :roll:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. Yeah, it's the wheel hop I really want to get rid of. When will your friend be getting back?

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
we should have the mounts in 2 weeks or less

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Tell Travis Dan from FL sent ya his way :wink:

·
Banned
72 Posts
finally, some SRT-4 owners out there, that care about their half-shafts! Well, I ordered the SRT-specific transaxle side mounts yesterday, and they should be in today or tomorrow. Once there in, the first batch of them can go out. Be aware, if you get FIRM mounts all around, there will be increased NVH (noise, vibration, harshness).

Does anyone want us to carry the Neon's fourth mount? It's in front of the engine attached to the passenger side fenderwell (I'm not sure how else to describe it). R&R is a bit more involved than the engine upper and engine lower isolators. I'd say once someone gets some miles on their SRT-4, or is doing a clutch install or something, that they pull that "center" mount out and take a look at it. If it looks worn, I can make better versions of those too. It SHOULDN'T be a problem, though, because it's mounted so close to the rotational axis of the drivetrain. Replacing it won't help missed shifts or wheel hop, but it will keep the mount from self-destruction, if it is a problem.

·
Registered
193 Posts
What's involved with installing these mounts? From the benefits I've heard I'll probably order a set when I get my SRT but I just want to know how involved this is.
James

·
Registered
582 Posts
Ordered the mounts and a boost controller lets hope i can get them thursday install them and maybe we can see what it will do thursday night at the track. I'll let you all know how it goes. Time for some fun :twisted:

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Before going to an LSD unit and higher boost, high performance cars run solid mounts. I have them in the Rustang and the little Swift when running a high-boost turbo.

The only draw back is the engine will create a resonating frequency with the uni-body and you will feel it when driving.

Are we doing a GROUP BUY on these?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Well after looking at Dan's SRT last night.. Changing the Trans mount is gonna be the most Tedious.. The esaist way to do this is jack the car up and take the wheels off. put a jack under the transmission for support and then from up top take the Air Box out and battery.. The Trans mount should be partially attached to the Battery tray.. I would recommend to then take out the Trans Mount bolt and then remove the battery try and you should then be able to get to the mounting bolts for the trans mount. The upper passenger mount should be easy and Im not quite sure on the lower torsion mount but it shouldnt be too much of a pain.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
hemidakota said:
Before going to an LSD unit and higher boost, high performance cars run solid mounts. I have them in the Rustang and the little Swift when running a high-boost turbo.

The only draw back is the engine will create a resonating frequency with the uni-body and you will feel it when driving.

Are we doing a GROUP BUY on these?
I like that idea. The turbo timer and new tire I had to get blew my budget for this month :evil:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
10 Participants
el_jefe
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing