Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the best motor mounts to get? I've seen Rex, Prothane, Energy Suspension ect...is there a difference?

Also, how many points should I mount? I see 3 on one side and there is a 4th on the other side by the transmission right? Should I mount only 3 or all 4? Also, how good is this for the car? I know it virtually eliminates wheel hop, but I also heard at higher MPH there is a lot of vibration. Should I even do this?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
it depends on what you need. I do a fair amount of drag racing, so I went with dynoworks motor mounts. The inserts are not as stiff, but are probably better for everyday driving, especially if you want a lot of comfort. I know that ED and JLM just came out with some new bling bling ones.

I have only done the Upper and lower mounts on the passenger side. DYNOWORKS does not have any trans mnounts right now, and i dont think that anyone makes a replacement for the middle motor mount.

i hope this helps. PM me for any more info!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
BTW, yes, you get a lot more of the engine vibration, and it manifests in a sotnger resonance of sound in lower RPMs, and especially a rougher feeling idle with teh A/C on. IMO, it is worth it, yes. I dropped .3 in my 1/8 mi time, with this, becaue the tires are able to stay better planted, making better use of the power and torque the car is generating.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Dynoworks makes all 3 mounts (upper, lower, and trans) just not sure if they are in stock.

I have all 3 Deyeme racing firm mounts (filled stockers). Works great and a real bargain.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Ive had Phat Bones and couldnt take the Vib. and Ive had the E.S. and they look like shit. Now Im using the Prothane kit with a Rage trans mount and I like the looks and feel of them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
forward motion has the best mounts ive seen I just got the 1st tranny mount proto type nobody compares this thing cant move anywhere ask for ryan tell him don from connecticut refered you they are awesome and can and will ansewer any questions you will have mike crawford ownes it and we all know what they have run 8.26 at 178

1 - 8 of 8 Posts