Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
donny d said:
does anyone have any input on the best after market motor mounts?
I liked the Dyno-works MMs myself........there is a decent vibration when the A/C cycles, but I dont mind it. I hardly use the A/C and the few times I did use it ........it was kinda like a back massage. :eveilgrin :lol: It was worth the 2 month wait or whatever for them. I still get wheel hop sometimes if i launch wrong, I hope the stiffer springs will help with those times. I dont like to feather the clutch........I try to release it fast (not dropping it), it seems easier and more consistent.

·
Registered
406 Posts
If you want to be cheap about mounts, go spend yourself $10 at yuor local auto store and buy some 3M brand window weld. One can will be enough to fill all 3 mounts. To use it, you must have a caulking gun.

I heard they might fall out after a while, so I cleaned the mounts prior. But if they do fall out, i'm only spending $10, and i'll just re do it. Its the cheapest way to get some filled mounts.

·
Registered
406 Posts
donny d said:
thanks for input. do you just inject it into the mount openings?
yup, and use ice to spread it around and to pack it into the mount. It may sound crazy, but ice is the only thing it won't stick to. Oh, also let the mounts harden overnight before you do any spirited driving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts