Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, im gonna get some polyurethane instert motor mounts, and i don't know what kind to get, im hearing good and bad things about a lot of em, what do you all have purchased? how do they work for u? and what do u reccommend? thanks

·
Registered
364 Posts
i had the prothane race before i switched to solids not to much vibration and they cut down on the wheelhop a bit...they were awesome

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I have all three mounts from agp....they are badass. No wheelhop at all and there is little vibration in the steering wheel and pedals but well worth it.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I got the Prothane Street Inserts (black) and I really like them a lot. Got them from Modern Performance for $29 including shipping. The race ones are the same price, they are red, and are stiffer. There is a lot of bad feed back on the Energy Susepension inserts so I stayed away from those. Everyone likes the Prothanes though, they are nice inserts.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have the Prothane Street inserts and they are great. They do not cure wheel hop but they help quite a bit and give a feeling of more solidity. When the AC compressor kicks on there is a clunk but you ket used to it. Honestly I can't imagine going back to stock. Great buy for less than $30. Use loctite on them as well.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
The prothane race inserts are your best bang for your buck but doesn't cure all wheelhop.It helps out a whole bunch though and not much more vibration then stock.I have had them for about a year and now I'm upgrading to solid mounts but can't choose between the AGP or Avid racing ones?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, awesome, so i think im gonna go with the prothane street inserts, i saw them on moderperformance.com for 23.99 + 6 for shipping, anyone know of anywhere cheaper?

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), 2011 Calendar Car
12,252 Posts
srt_four said:
ok, awesome, so i think im gonna go with the prothane street inserts, i saw them on moderperformance.com for 23.99 + 6 for shipping, anyone know of anywhere cheaper?
I think thats the best deal, short of getting them used

1 - 9 of 9 Posts