Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey whats up guys! I just have a couple of questions before I go ahead and purchase mounts for my car. First off I don't care about vibration. I had a mazdaspeed protege and this was equipped with hard mounts which made the car like a tank at idle. Wheelhop was gone so that's all I care about. I want to get a set of full motor mounts on the srt. How many mounts does this car have? The MSP had 4 mounts. I hear about motor/tranny mounts on the srt4 and I do want to change them all out. I don't want a partial setup especilly with all the horror stories I'm seeing with broken bolts etc. This is why I am looking for full mount replacements with new bolts. I came across a site from one of the posts here at http://www.deyemeracing.com/ They carry These class 12.9 oxide coated steel bolts. I was wondering if anyone has used these and also if using something such as locktite is recommended during the install. As of right now I am thinking of going with dogbones and exhaust depots mount as a combo. What would I be missing to complete all the mounts on this car? Thanks for listening to my long ass rant ;)

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
If you dont care about vibration, i would go with 3 solid mounts. :)

Car has 4 mounts. upper and lower torque mounts which are replacable, tranny mount which is also replacable and there is another mount right above the crank pully. Thats not replacable.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's up Hector! Thanks for the response. So in effect what your telling me is that if I go with the dogbone setup I cannot use your upper piece correct? I guess I can always sell that if that becomes the case. Any recommendations on a company who sells the tranny mount? In addition what about new bolts? Thanks :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.