Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering who is making the most dynoed HP with the Mopar Cat back Exhaust. I have heard its no good for anything over 300HP, and yet the "unofficial" numbers for stg 3 show 355 with the Mopar cat back. Is it really that restrictive?

·
Registered
642 Posts
yes the tests were at i think 299whp, there was a 1whp loss on the mopar catback mated to a 3" downpipe compared to a full 3" exhaust. with stage 3, i believe they use a 2.5" catless downpipe and 2.5" mopar/borla. by switching to a full 3" you could probably gain 5-10hp at those power levels.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the deal. I want more HP, but if an exhaust system is super loud the extra 10 HP means nothing to me. Not sure but I am assuming that the 3" exhausts are much louder than the Mopar. Also, what "test pipe" is available for the Mopar Cat Back?

2,129 Posts
fordconvert said:
I was just wondering who is making the most dynoed HP with the Mopar Cat back Exhaust. I have heard its no good for anything over 300HP, and yet the "unofficial" numbers for stg 3 show 355 with the Mopar cat back. Is it really that restrictive?
we put down 407whp on the mopar borla w/ a 3 to 2.5 inch(maxxfab style) downpipe!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.