Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car started acting up again last night... It has done this once before, a couple of months after I got it, but then never repeated the problem. I was low on gas (light on but not blinking) and it started to sound bad and run bad whenever I would accelerate.

On the way home from Norman last night it got progressively worse until it sounded really strange at idle and almost didn't want to go whenever I would give it gas. It would just bog and ran really rough. I wound up leaving it on the side of the road at 3am and a friend came and picked my girlfriend and I up. Today I went to it and put a couple gallons in and it started up, ran bad for about 30 seconds, then started running fine again. Last time this happened after I put gas in it ran just fine, but this time when I was driving home and floored it, it would still stumble on and off, but not every time. I just had my fuel pump, spark plugs and #4 plug wire replaced.

I would take it to the dealership but I don't know if I can repeat the problem... maybe I should just replace the fuel filter myself to see if that helps? I don't know, I just want to drive my dam car. :crybaby:

·
Registered
642 Posts
what octane gas are you using? aim for 93 if you can and aren't right now. also, reset your PCM...that might help with some of the remaining stuttering

·
Registered
294 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.