·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
check this out now.

Jun 20, 2007 11:17 AM
Robert Benzie
Queen's Park Bureau Chief

Likening speed shops that make street racers to illegal drug labs and bomb factories, Attorney General Michael Bryant is warning the cars could be seized before they even hit the roads.
Bryant threw down the gauntlet at street racers today in the wake of Monday’s Highway 400 accident, allegedly caused by racing, in which truck driver David Virgoe was killed.
“Somebody who’s putting together a … car for street racing might as well be putting together an illegal narcotic or putting together an explosive,” the attorney general told reporters.
“What I would say to anybody who is engaging in the illegal act of street racing is, we don’t need to wait until that car hits the road fully loaded,” said Bryant.
The attorney general pointed out that Ottawa and Queen’s Park have worked together to tighten up laws designed to curb street racing.
“We can seize that car if we have information from police and, just on the balance of probabilities, if we can establish that that car is being used for the unlawful purpose of street racing, we will seize it and you will never see it again,” he said.
“We will crush your car. We will crush the parts. You will never see it again.”
While Bryant declined to discuss details of Virgoe’s death or the case of three men charged in connection with it, he noted that Ontario prosecutors are making use of new provisions in the Criminal Code for street-racing offences.

·
Registered
895 Posts
whatever floats there boat...

trying and battle street racing cause they already lost the war on street violance.

they gotta make themselves look good in some way

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
Whoo-hoo!

I Love Fast And The Furious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
The guy is a total idiot. You can't do that because someone might commit a crime. Maybe they should start crushing all of the exotic sports cars cause they can do almost 200+ mph. My car is setup with suspension and performance mods, but I don't street race. Fuck him.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
So they find out you're heavily modded and it's your street car they search it and if it is illegal crush it? What's the problem pay to play u mess with your daily driver you might get burned.

3 dead 11 injured this weekend from street racing your not going to get any sympathy from anyone outside of these forums. If they had done this sooner it would never have gotton to this point.

·
Registered
13,260 Posts
how about you start arresting bartenders at chili's because someone might leave there and drive home...what the hell is wrong with you canadians who elected this asswipe?

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
GAngel said:
So they find out you're heavily modded and it's your street car they search it and if it is illegal crush it? What's the problem pay to play u mess with your daily driver you might get burned.

3 dead 11 injured this weekend from street racing your not going to get any sympathy from anyone outside of these forums. If they had done this sooner it would never have gotton to this point.

notice the vehicles that caused the accidents? NON were modified.... so shouldn't they take EVERY potenial car off the street since they can all street race? and what about drunk drivers more ppl get killed by them than street racers, and yet, the laws for them are weak and get no attention...

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Guns dont KILL people DO
Cars dont KILL people DO
So now we are in the same fight as the hunters and sport shooters are

·
Registered
13,260 Posts
SRT4Jay said:
GAngel said:

notice the vehicles that caused the accidents? NON were modified.... so shouldn't they take EVERY potenial car off the street since they can all street race? and what about drunk drivers more ppl get killed by them than street racers, and yet, the laws for them are weak and get no attention...

alcohol related deaths last year tallied up more than 300x the number of deaths as street racing, in california last year...and cali has LOTS OF RACING...yeah, it sounds like street racing is the real threat to american saftey

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
GLH said:
Guns dont KILL people DO
Cars dont KILL people DO
So now we are in the same fight as the hunters and sport shooters are

amen, where is the attourny general when i comes to gun violence in toronto.....

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
I too can't help but think of handguns
Someone who modifies a car isn't intending to kill anyone
There's a lot more probability someone who owns/possesses a gun is going to use it with the intent to kill. Therefore, I say we take away all the guns and crush them. That logic works for me.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Tex said:
how about you start arresting bartenders at chili's because someone might leave there and drive home...what the hell is wrong with you canadians who elected this asswipe?
better yet they should arrest the CEO's of AEM, DC Sport, AGP and DCX...why not just go straight for the root of the problem?

:rofl: :rofl:

oh canada....

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I just dont know how they can go on a tip so if my neighbor pisses me off I can call the cops and tell them he has a mustang with an SC and they are going to come and tow it away with no proof of what its being used for give me a fucking break this is basic human rights you need proof to do anything.

GLH what would happen if a cop drives by your shop and say you are working on 5 srt's doing various things they stop in and say these are all for street racing and tow them all away I dont fucking think so.

I stand by my statement in the last thread like this if some cop thinks they are going to be taking my car on a hunch they are in for a world of hurt. I would have no problem sitting in my car and not getting out and if they fucking touched me for no reason I would fuck that cop up so bad I would be in Jail so long there would be hover cars and when I got out there would be the biggest human rights suit in canadian history.

wow I'm mad I hate the government I pay more in tax then a person working 40hrs a week at $8/hr and I cant even enjoy my day off from making them money to drive my car anymore with out being worried about it being taken from me.

Time to take that transfer out west I think no hassles and a down hill drag strip its a win win...lol...

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Dr. Grinch said:
I too can't help but think of handguns
Someone who modifies a car isn't intending to kill anyone
There's a lot more probability someone who owns/possesses a gun is going to use it with the intent to kill. Therefore, I say we take away all the guns and crush them. That logic works for me.
Hey, leave my guns alone... :gunz:

Now as for these gay-assed laws...lets all remember, it's pride week...
Hence the fruitilicious grandstanding & rhetoric by Mr."I love teh cock" Bryant

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
If you don't like it move if not follow the laws that everyone else does. what's so hard about that. They're obviously talking about extreme cars but you guys are blowing it out of proportion like this country doesn't have more important problems right now.

·
Registered
562 Posts
GAngel said:
If you don't like it move if not follow the laws that everyone else does. what's so hard about that. They're obviously talking about extreme cars but you guys are blowing it out of proportion like this country doesn't have more important problems right now.

Mr. Bryant is blowing the situation out of proportion, as though every Honda with a fart cannon on it is killing innocent families in their sleep.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Heading home last night ,after spending time at Steve GLH.I was on the last leg of my return home, just turned on St Clair and O'Conner.. traffic was still a lil heavy...a dark blue honda hatch with 2 20 year old guys and a young girl in the back seat guns it and tries to race my ass, for fucks sake...If looks could kill I would have VAPORIZED this idiot for trying this shit! Right at the next intersection ahead was Plaxton Dr...as it happens just last week a 9 year old kid was hit and badly injured crossing the street on a GREEN LIGHT!!! and you guessed it, it was a silver Honda hatch that ran that light and threw that kid some 20 ft in the air breaking both his arms and legs... the 23 year old was charged with running a RED light.
Any car, regardless of make or horsepowe can race down any street with the potential of serious injury or death to pedistrians.It's not the car to blame, it's the hare brained fuck driving the car that is responsible!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts