Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soo whats up with the mopar stages?? is there any time of warranty?? does it effect ur existing one?? what is covered on the existing one??

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
if you want to get the mopar stages the best thing to do is contact a dealership and see if they will warranty your car with the staged upgrade kit. If they dont, the best thing to do is get stage 1 then remove it before going to get warranty work done just because its the easiest of the stages to swap

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Any dealer with a brain in their head will know you modified the car. The mileage is tracked in multiple places. A quick check will show that the pcm does not match the actual mileage.
Bottom line: If you modify the car, you take your chances. A warranty item that is not related to the stage upgrade should be covered. But depending on the dealer, if you break drivetrain or engine parts you may be in jeopardy.

And, btw - None of the Mopar Performance parts are warrantied.

You pay to play.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
that reminds me, I have to call the dealership.

Don't just call the dealership and ask anyone. Ask for either a "trained" SRT Tech, preferably one with an SRT vehicle, or a salesperson that owns an SRT.

The dealership I've been talking to has an SRT tech and a Salesman that both own SRT-4's and are both modded. I was told that they'd warranty any stock part regardless. But I have to call and inquire with the actual srt tech b/c he's the one that writes up the bill and work done

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
RSchyns said:
Any dealer with a brain in their head will know you modified the car. The mileage is tracked in multiple places. A quick check will show that the pcm does not match the actual mileage.
Bottom line: If you modify the car, you take your chances. A warranty item that is not related to the stage upgrade should be covered. But depending on the dealer, if you break drivetrain or engine parts you may be in jeopardy.

And, btw - None of the Mopar Performance parts are warrantied.

You pay to play.
You are my new hero.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts