Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at exhausts and was planning to get the Mopar 2.5'' but my friends were telling me to go with the MPx 3'' exhaust. Now i know that its better to have a 3'' exhaust expetially if its turbo but does it really make that big of a difference in hp? Personally I like the way the mopar sounds better and the fact it cost 1/2 as much but if it makes a big diff. then ill get the MPx thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
What other mods do you have?

Personally, I would say get the Mopar exhaust. Makes some power, sounds good, good price...can't beat it. Plus, you can add a MaxxFabb 3" downpipe later. The MaxxFabb downpipe with the Mopar exhaust has matched the power increase of a full 3" exhaust system. That's what I'm doing!

The Mopar is all I need for now, but next summer when I get a turbo upgrade, I'm gonna boltup the MaxxFabb downpipe for the extra power.

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
wuts about the BDJ i think thats wut its called 3" isnt that good and loud as hell??

·
Registered
230 Posts
It all depends on what you are aiming for. The mopar will be efficient up to a little over 300 h.p. If you are not getting a turbo upgrade a 3" exhaust is usually unnecessary. I'd say go with Jigga's idea. The 3 inch sounds better but is it worth the extra money to you?? As for BDJ they make an excellent exhaust system with huge h.p. gains but I am not a fan of dump or side exit exhaust. But that is just me ;) good luck....I hope i was of some help

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
mattie said:
It all depends on what you are aiming for. The mopar will be efficient up to a little over 300 h.p. If you are not getting a turbo upgrade a 3" exhaust is usually unnecessary. I'd say go with Jigga's idea. The 3 inch sounds better but is it worth the extra money to you?? As for BDJ they make an excellent exhaust system with huge h.p. gains but I am not a fan of dump or side exit exhaust. But that is just me ;) good luck....I hope i was of some help

there was a thread along time ago about agp finding out the mopar catback is restrictive and like 405hp or something crazy like that.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
bump

wow u guys read my mind i was discussing with my friends mpx vs the mopar catback, i know im not gonna run more then 300hp in the srt4, so im goin with the mopar exhaust and 3 inch downpipe

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
StRicTly4boosting said:
bump

wow u guys read my mind i was discussing with my friends mpx vs the mopar catback, i know im not gonna run more then 300hp in the srt4, so im goin with the mopar exhaust and 3 inch downpipe
you go ;) that's what i'm doing too :clap:

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
The problem is that us "tunerz" are unpredictabe. You tell yourself you want to do this and you end up doing much more. Maxxfab's 3" DP with the Mopar Cat Back is a great system, and if your runnning a Stage 0-1 cars it should be fine. I think it'll be fine for even more power, but whatever. The only reason I'm probably not getting one is because I honestly dont know how much power I'll be making while I have the car and I only want to buy one exhaust.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
MPx! Why do something half way or have to do it twice?Plan on upgrading to say S2? an intake and TB, then large FMIC, maybe a ported manifold and then a boost controller? Any thing else will make you wish you had the 3" ehxuast to help flow that extra air out :)
I'm not going to see 400whp, I don't think, but I love the look of the MPx exhaust and it's really not too loud- I have a 5 y/o that rolls with daddy some times and he doesnt' have nay problem talking with the drone of the exhaust- just don't get the cat-delete option :)
That will make it loud!!!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I did mine half way and regret it. I have the Mopar cat back with rage downpipe. The mopar uses slip joints and can slip causing the exhaust to hit things. I plan on redoing mine soon with the MPX since it uses flanges and its going to stay where you put it. The Mopars price is good and it does sound and perform great but if it was me, Id do it right the first time and never have to worry about again.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow brought back from the dead lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts