Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah yeah, I know no one probably knows, but thought I might ask anyway. Stage II sounds really nice and I hear stage III is illegal for street use, but hey...Florida has no emissions, muahahaha :twisted: . So does anybody know of any websites or anyone at all who might know the stage prices, even if it's just a rough estimate??

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
did you also know that it is illegal to go above the posted speed limit? :p

or to participate in a display of speed on the street. (burning rubber, leaving fast from a light)

just thought id let you know :p

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Yeah, the burning rubber I got already, but leaving quickly from the light is a new one on me... and I always do it at a light. Next time there's a cop behind me, I'm gonna hunch over, whip out my buck teeth, and slowly accelerate, wonder if they'll pull me over for that? Have they even come out with the staged upgrades yet. I haven't seen info on it or anything really. Just know there's three stages and what they basically do. Anyone find anything on the web yet or asked a their dealer?

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
if you go significantly faster then all other traffic at a light. they can get you for street racing, racing who you ask? racing yourself... talk about a load of bullshit. but 99% of cops wont pull you over for that.

about the staged upgrades... a guy on the .org said that april will be stage I, june stage II, and i think he said november for stage III. but i dont know if those are the exact dates.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
stage 3 is offroad only for the fact that the main cat is replaced. YOu can get stage 3 ecu upgrade etc and leave the cat. or you can get a highflow cat.

I will be offering 3" and 2.5" highflow bolt on cats soon.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Samel, what is a MAP sensor? Ive seen a number of people talk about them but I wasnt able to really catch exactly what they do.

·
Registered
58 Posts
MAP stands for Manifold Absoloute Presure sensor. basically its a MAF just like most other cars use or a speed density until older cars tend to use. does the same thing.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
So how does getting a different pressure sensor increase your performance? Maybe the new one allows more pressure or something?

·
Registered
449 Posts
meddle said:
So how does getting a different pressure sensor increase your performance? Maybe the new one allows more pressure or something?
If you just put in a new MAP sensor that will read higher pressures it will throw off your whole fuel curve, possibly resulting in engine damage. The computer has to be calibrated for the MAP sensor, and the fact that MOPAR includes a completely new computer for each performance stage leads me to believe that a simple computer re-calibration is not possible.

On to another subject I think the "I-pipe" is simply the down pipe. If you look at the pics of the cutaway engine the piece of exhaust tubing that bolts between the manifold/turbo and the rest of the exhaust you will notice it has flanges on each end, making it look like an "I". I could be wrong, that is just my guess.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Actually I doubt they are going give a new ecu of every upgrade. More than likely it will be a *chip* or *on site* ECU re-programming.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
it is supposed to be a re-program of the ecu at the delaer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I hear stage III is illegal for street use
Its illegal to run stop signs and do 100+ down a back street though :shock:

GET THE STAGE III! HEY AT LEAST ULL BE ABLE TO RUN FROM COPS! :lol:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Stage III has a Cat replacement pipe. May not run without a cat, but can.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
PB Pod said:
Stage III has a Cat replacement pipe. May not run without a cat, but can.
??? i hope you arent trying to say it wont run without a cat!??

·
Registered
109 Posts
No. However, I believe there is a secondary O2 senser in the cat the must also be in the replacement pipe. I know there are ways to use resisters to fool the ECU into believeing there is a cat.

·
Registered
449 Posts
cali said:
Actually I doubt they are going give a new ecu of every upgrade. More than likely it will be a *chip* or *on site* ECU re-programming.
Dodg computers don't work with *chips*, but it could be a re-programming. I was just going by what the SEMA pics say.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
18 Participants
SRTdriven
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing