Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering where or the best place and prices on a stage 3 turbo upgrade kit... i do have the stage 2 upgrade with toys i think i just needed the computer injectors and there was some other part you had to make bigger wastegate maybe but just gathering info and opinions and websites and anything and everything thanks guys

·
Registered
642 Posts
Well, first of all the stage 3 kits were discontinued a loooong time ago. You periodically see used kits or parts of kits for sale on ebay, Facebook, etc but I wouldn't hold my breath.

To answer you question, to go from stage2 to stage3 required the bigger mitsu turbo (manifold, turbo, wastegate actuator), a PCM, fuel rail, and fuel pump module. Stage 2 and 3 use the same injectors.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
You can always get a MIC turbo, DSP tune, and for less money, get the same or better results for less money.
I have not seen any mic turbos run decent times yet so to say there the same or better and cheaper is ignorant.
Ive seen stage 3 dip into 10s
Most trap 120+ on e85, race gas..

Id go wit stage 3 in a heart beat

·
Registered
323 Posts
just wondering where or the best place and prices on a stage 3 turbo upgrade kit... i do have the stage 2 upgrade with toys i think i just needed the computer injectors and there was some other part you had to make bigger wastegate maybe but just gathering info and opinions and websites and anything and everything thanks guys
There is a stage 3 kit for sale on this forum hit him up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks every1... yeah i was looking to get the upgrade next year sounds like i waited too long lol i really wanted a new one not a used one but its not a big deal right now and considering your answers doesnt sound good for me and the mic turbo that was referred i will have to research but yes to spend the money i would like something showing results or that is proven.. i shoulda just got the stage 3 long time ago thats what i get for waiting haha

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have not seen any mic turbos run decent times yet so to say there the same or better and cheaper is ignorant.
Ive seen stage 3 dip into 10s
Most trap 120+ on e85, race gas..

Id go wit stage 3 in a heart beat
I've also watched Stage 3 cars run 13's at poor trap speeds. There are a lot more cars with Stage 3's, so it is much easier to say "I've seen them dip into 10's", when there may not be one MIC turbo to each hundred Stage 3's. I'm just saying a similarly sized turbo with a nice setup (even if it isn't MIC turbo) may do the same or better work, for less money (since Stage 3's are no longer available new anyhow).

That's what I meant, I suppose I'm ignorant to a lot of this still.

·
SRTForums Member, 2011 Calendar Car
190 Posts
I have one for sale, 47lb billet wheel with ported manifold. Hasn't been used since the upgrade and porting its mint.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yeah your not gonna get a brand new stage 3 unfortunately I still don't get why they discontinued them... as long as the cars are still around there will always be a market for the stage 3 kits. But like it was stated above you can get the great driveability from Diablo, and with a bigger turbo produce better results... err well maybe just as good... I mean 10's would be hard to beat.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I've also watched Stage 3 cars run 13's at poor trap speeds. There are a lot more cars with Stage 3's, so it is much easier to say "I've seen them dip into 10's", when there may not be one MIC turbo to each hundred Stage 3's. I'm just saying a similarly sized turbo with a nice setup (even if it isn't MIC turbo) may do the same or better work, for less money (since Stage 3's are no longer available new anyhow).

That's what I meant, I suppose I'm ignorant to a lot of this still.
before you open your mouth, show me "one" mics turbo doing work (trapping 120+)and with some miles behind it. im not knocking his turbos but theres no data ,proof that they make decent power nor last shit load of miles like stage 3 does.
I can show you hand full of stage 3s with some decent traps.I really don't care for ET.

to sum it up, you are ignorant for claming some shit that has no hands and legs

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
If you buy a Stage 3 turbo/turbofold:

- You do not need all the supporting Stage 3 components themselves. You can use larger injectors, bigger pump, and a custom tune. I would suggest Duster360 as he did mine and it works wonderful. I went from a stock 05 to a "stage 3" with some injectors from Duster, 255 pump, and a tune from him.

- If the turbo has been rebuilt and/or upgraded. Make SURE you get information on WHO did it. Some of these big wheel S3 are....well.....subpar and you'll be paying for a rebuild soon enough. Bob from F&F (Ravenworks now?) is solid. If the turbo was done by him, you're good to go.

- Good luck finding one new. I believe MAP or MPX had a turbofold (minus the turbo) for sale recently. You could buy that and put an Evo turbo on it with minor mods, there's a topic floating around.

- Could also buy a SDK manifold that a Evo turbo bolts directly to, you'll just need custom lines. It's sort of S3-like.

In the end if you get a S3, it's one of the best streetable turbos for our cars. I love mine. Nice thing is, similar to a big turbo, is you can upgrade the turbos. It's not as easy as you have to send it off for an upgrade but these turbos can push 500whp+ and have done so. I'm sure a S3 on E85 is a beast, I'll find out in March!

Just don't expect to slap a S3 on and start slaying Vettes and doing rolling 3rd gear burnouts.

·
Registered
894 Posts
My s3 BW put down close to 450whp on race gas and the guy running the Dyno was like wtf this is a stock turbo. You'll love the stage 3 I had a lot of v8 guys and some bike look at my setup and think easy win but the look on there face when I beat them or was neck to neck with them was priceless.

·
Registered
60 Posts
before you open your mouth, show me "one" mics turbo doing work (trapping 120+)and with some miles behind it. im not knocking his turbos but theres no data ,proof that they make decent power nor last shit load of miles like stage 3 does.
I can show you hand full of stage 3s with some decent traps.I really don't care for ET.

to sum it up, you are ignorant for claming some shit that has no hands and legs
I didn't say I wasn't ignorant. Don't get pissy.

I've dealt with LS1 cars, LT1 cars, turbo rotaries, and Supercharged Mustangs over the years. A lot of the time there are options OTHER then the status quo. I don't have proof is the MIC turbo, but I do watch EF turbos with simular specs run hard (My A-Trim (littliest supercharger vortech produced at the time) ran into the 120's on a stock motor regularily.

All I'm saying is that sometimes there are other options where you don't always have to buy used ( I was burnt on a 60-1 with my RX7 used on my RX7).

I didn't disagree that the Stage 3 is a good turbo.

I've seen Stage 3 run poorly at a track (114 trap speeds, 120+ isn't doing alot of work, I used to do that cam only), and seen them run hard, just because I haven't personally (or checked out tons of threads) of MIC turbos running hard, I wouldn't take them out of the equation. Maybe they have more of a local following? I'm just suggesting that there are possibly other options. We have a local turbo/fab company here that not many people have heard of, but produces EXCELLENT results on a regular basis.

I'm not a cheerleader for just MIC, but I am a cheerleader for any company that still produces new parts for our cars and would be willing to give that product a chance.

I'll quit running my mouth, I obviously need to read more on this forum to see what works (I am not being sarcastic) before suggesting a product to someone. I apologize.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts