Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow srt4 owners, im looking to do a stage 3 mopar turbo upgrade on my 04 srt4 and i was seeing who else has done it or has it on their srt4. Is it worth the money and do you really see big gains in hp and torque? If you have the mopar stage 3 turbo on your srt4 post a pic of your motor and what kind of hp and torque your making. Just wanna see if it looks bigger or if its the same size, and also know if its worth me buying it or is it better to just get a different turbo? Thanks guys i would appreciate your insight. oh and if you have a stage 3 mopar turbo and you wanna sell it just let me know.

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
The stage 3 turbo kits are around. My buddy here in tucson just sold his brand new turbofold with lines and everything for 1900 bucks. I have a MAP EF1 stage 3 kit on my car (47lb wheel upgrade). It's a great kit, but the prices will be about the same as getting an AGP big turbo kit. The advantage with a stage three is that it appears stock, has a big power increase and quicker than big turbo spool.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
After 100,000 miles, my S3+Toys is still working perfectly.
No fuss or tuning required, starts first time every time and makes 21PSI when warmed up on 91 octane California Gas (Union 76 = 0KR always).
Looks stock and has passed the California biennial smog test at least 3 times (I just swap the PCM, injectors (pink 03), MAP, TIP, plugs, oil and filter...probably overkill, but it's California).
Definitely worth the money as far as I'm concerned (my gift to myself in 2004 for quitting smoking...still not smoking...or drinking booze ).

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for welcoming me to the forums 05_ACR_SRT4, and yah im looking to pretty much stay stock with some bolt on upgrades. so if your saying i could get around 360 hp with the stage 3 mopar turbo thats perfict, not looking to go anything crazyer then 360. I have intake, greddy type s blowoff valve, 3" turbo elbow, and a 93 octane diablo intune tune on it so far. i recently got the car and i love it.

simon.starkie- the stage 3 mopar turbo with toys is exactly what i wanna do, i just love the intercooler spary, the 100 octane tune switch, and the boost dial that the mopar stage 3 toys offers, its just so hard to find the toys accessories.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
i have a 20g upgraded stage 3 -- good for ~450/500 -- turbo & manifold / o2 usually sell for $2k ish... hard to beat s3 for driveability, nothing like 3500rpm and tires spinning in 3rd gear

for 2k i would get the agp split plane manifold and a turbo to supporrt 500 , SRT-4 AGP Cast T3 Twin Scroll Manifold - AGP Turbochargers, Inc. Store

if the goal is more than 500, it gets expensive ... need more than: walbro 255, 80# injectors, clutch, input shaft etc..
when i priced out going to 600, it was roughly $1500 for the turbo and another $3000 for supporting mods..

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
After 100,000 miles, my S3+Toys is still working perfectly.
No fuss or tuning required, starts first time every time and makes 21PSI when warmed up on 91 octane California Gas (Union 76 = 0KR always).
Looks stock and has passed the California biennial smog test at least 3 times (I just swap the PCM, injectors (pink 03), MAP, TIP, plugs, oil and filter...probably overkill, but it's California).
Definitely worth the money as far as I'm concerned (my gift to myself in 2004 for quitting smoking...still not smoking...or drinking booze ).
I pass with no cat. :paranoid:

In california a big wheel stage 3 is the way to go. If you don't live in california there are MUCH better setups out there. You'll go a lot faster for less.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
I pass with no cat. :paranoid:

In california a big wheel stage 3 is the way to go. If you don't live in california there are MUCH better setups out there. You'll go a lot faster for less.
...but then you have to worry about the tuning
...my bone stock S3R + toys has never required any tuning at all, it's totally reliable and just runs perfectly on California 91 octane, all the time, every time.
(clutches wearing out is the only "issue").

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Yes and no. Mopar stage 3 computer is stupid expensive. Not to mention the whole stage 3 fuel setup nightmare. I spent 900 on the turbo and exhaust manifold+o2 housing, DSP, bigger injectors from duster and base tune and tuned it on the freeway. I'd like to think I did it the cheap way. An OG buying the "stage 3 package" back in the day spent a lot more than I did. It is a lot cheaper for a bigger setup nowadays.
Copy and paste stage 3 works. I'm not arguing that. All I said was you can go faster for less. You can piece together a 400hp setup for what a 300hp pump gas stage 3 puts out.

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
If I hadn't practically stolen this car from the previous owner with the stage 3 already on it, I probably would just have a big turbo kit for less money. It would be easy to get a turbo setup brand new under 2k if you wait for a group buy, or pick up a used one for half that. I wanted around 400-450 and my setup is right there. Anymore than that and it does become a little much to DD even though I did it for years with my first srt-4. All that said, this is my favorite setup and I have practically had them all over the last 12 years.

My cars have been very reliable once they are complete and not at the race track (that's where they broke mostly). With my previous 500+ hp car, axles were always one wheel hop away from death.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I recently purchased a brand new ATP 50 trim turbo kit from atp for a local srt. Got dusters injectors with e85 tune and pump gas tune, wideband, walbro pump. That's pretty much all that we bought. $1800 complete. E85 tune at 21psi it just lites the tires in 3rd. I had him invest in a boost box($200 new) and we have it successfully running on street tires with boost by gear/rpm! It's a beast and fully cranked will do 500whp(30psi etc)
Currently it sits around 420-450whp as is.

Up to you though. Passes emissions no problem

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yah ive seen other big turbos setups are cheaper but, im not really looking to go any crazyer then 350-400hp. Simon.Starkie you have exactly the setup i wanna do, the stage 3 with toys setup. ive always wanted to do the mopar s3 with toys since ive wanted to get a srt4. everyone in my area does the agp big turbo setup, so i havent seen one with the mopar s3 with toys in my area. so ive been debateing what setup to do, but leaning more tordes the mopar s3+toys.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I've gone through lots of iterations
You want 450-500, after that it gets expensive

1 - 20 of 23 Posts