Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the long post... I installed the mopar stage 3 kit after it originally came out. It worked great for a couple of years. Then nothing but fuel issues after that. Went through several fuel pumps. Then finally determined it was the fuel system. Fuel pressure would drop at WOT. I replaced the entire file system with the AGP return line system and fuel pressure regulator. If I run the fuel pressure regulator non-boost referenced and just turn the pressure high enough the car runs perfect. If I try to run the fuel pressure regulator boost references car runs like crap. Fuel pressure drops at wot just like original stage 3 setup. Does anyone have any suggestions on why the pressure is dropping when I attempted to run the fuel pressure regulator boost referenced? I’m guessing what ever the source of the issue is, is also the same reason the original stage 3 fuel system was not running correctly.

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
maybe your injectors are not flowing well enough and the high pressure is forcing enough fuel through to allow the motor to run properly....? just a guess. You could always have the injectors cleaned to see if it helps .

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
a walbro 255 has more than enough volume to keep the pressure @75 during WOT. if the wiring is bad that would cause what you describe.. suggest doing a rewire.. and make sure you have good ground.. i measured a 2v drop on a 255 before doing the rewire..

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did a rewire when i installed the agp fuel return kit. Something is going on with the vacuum line from the throttle body for boost reference. It didn’t work with the stock system and isn’t working with the agp regulator. Works fine if I just leave the agp regulator at a constant 70psi or so

1 - 4 of 4 Posts