Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), 2011 Calendar Car
12,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jakes_new_toy said:
Well I was looking into the same thing. Mopar springs and the sway bars. Would have cost around 600-650 and actually had a post of what should I do that or Coilovers. I went with the Stage 3 CO's at 1280 bucks.
Its listed on modern's site for only 205?

·
Registered
564 Posts
I just want to know how the springs feel and handle.. anybody put them on yet? I heard they help get rid of wheel hop.. I'm interested in ride quality and if anyone has had a strut/shock go out on them w/ these.. I bet no one has purchase them yet b/c everyone is waiting for a Guinnea Pig to buy/install and write a review.. I mean that's what I'm doing.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
SyVoL said:
I just want to know how the springs feel and handle.. anybody put them on yet? I heard they help get rid of wheel hop.. I'm interested in ride quality and if anyone has had a strut/shock go out on them w/ these.. I bet no one has purchase them yet b/c everyone is waiting for a Guinnea Pig to buy/install and write a review.. I mean that's what I'm doing.. :thumbsup:

my Mopar springs are being installed at Solid-Tech.....
Hopefully in a few days I'll report out....

·
Registered
639 Posts
pierce195 said:
I wish someone that had them would do a review, that is if anyone has them on the car yet.
sorry offtopic and didnt know why i quoated but my last name is pierce :) haha i ono if thats yours or ne thing but just thought i would let everybody know :) i knew you were all dying to hear that

·
Registered
69 Posts
I installed the Mopar sways yesterday. The front went in really easy and the back was kind of tricky to get in with the way the adjustable end links hooked up. I have it set at the middle setting right and there is no body roll. It has put the car into more of a neutral set up rather than the typical push. I put the car up on ramps again tonight and adjusted the end links out a little more to try and eliminate a knock that seems to happen every once in a while when loading up the suspension. Not sure where the knock is coming from but I think it may be the end links pivoting under load.

Overall it is a great mod. Really made the car handle much better and I have not even set to to the farthest setting yet. After day one.....thumbs up!

·
Official Mopar News
6 Posts
I just received the springs and expect the sway bars soon. Will be installing them onto my 2003 Neon RT for review. I'll provide comments as soon as they are on the car...I know it isnt an SRT4, but it should give me a pretty good idea of how they affect the car. The SRT engineers I deal with said that the ride should be nearly the same, but the sways will definitely help with keeping the car flat. I am sure that the 25mm (1 inch) will have an affect on looks - I just put 18's on the car and it looks way too high - too much space above the tires in the well.

I'll post my comments when the work is done!

Jim
2003 Neon RT
Mopar Performance cold air kit/RT-ACR muffler/taillights, Katana Racing 18" rims
Mopar Performance STS, Stage 1 springs/sway bars next...

·
Registered
906 Posts
Know someone

My dealer installed them on his womans SRT and car looks good at 25mm drop. Too low for me though with my rugged driveway...would bottom out. He says car handles alot better in corners and ride is still good as stock. 25mm doesn't slam the car down too low, but is the lowest I'd ever go...and that's with a paved driveway.

Oh, and the springs are blue.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.