·
Registered
253 Posts
Same fo me

I did the same thing at Palmer Dodge...

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I had no VIN in mine dealer flashed it for me. Of course I know my dealer really well so it wasn't a issue at all for me. I talked to the service manager first and he said I need to talk to the SR. Mechanic there which he said they can't do it out of the car but no problem as he knows my capabilities with cars and said pull it in that stall and let him know what tools I need to do the swap. He gave me what I needed to do it and I swaped it in under 10 minutes. Air tools are a mechanics friend especially with this install. Takes no time. I did the install already at home with my air tools I have so it was really easy the second time around. He flashed the VIN and I left. No charge of course. I get all my parts cheaper too only paid 325 for the computer. They had to make something off of it but only made 25 bucks since it's 300 delaer cost. So all in all it wasn't a bad fix but for those that don't have these options sending it back is the way to go. Also in the magazine the dealer sent me there is a 25 cash back thing I plan on sending that in soon as well. So now the stage 1 kit only was 300 bucks. So that said it's worth it. One thing that needs upgraded is the wastegate. Car pulls great alot better then a stock SRT but when u get to the higher boost the stock SRT actually started to gain on me. I was running mine against my buddies and I pulled stronger at first but in the higher gears and RPM's he started to inch up on me then we shut down. I plan on installing the wastegate really soon to see what it's like.
Lorenzo

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
OK, here's the latest with me!

I overnighted my PCM to Mopar on Tuesday and just got it back from Mopar first thing this morning! Of course, this was all at Mopar's cost. So today we will put it the new PCM with my VIN flashed in! Can't wait!

Mopar took care of this for free and didn't waste any time doing so. I'm very pleased that they recognized the urgency and took care of it in the fastest time possible!

·
Registered
19 Posts
asswipe said:
I think the SRT-4 is a very reasonable balance between various compromises. The power is certainly adequate and matches the handling and other characteristics of the car very nicely. I'm not sure why anyone would want to risk ruining this with as-is upgrades that are also apparently illegal, at least here in CA.
Just curious. Has anyone with a Stage1 upgrade tried to pass Cali emmissions?

·
Registered
758 Posts
re: Just curious. Has anyone with a Stage1 upgrade tried to pass Cali emmissions?

seems to me that ya could just pop the stock chip back in for a smog test.....????

·
Registered
477 Posts
limit boost because we have cast pistons and it would be risky to increase boost more than 18psi without forged pistons in place.
Totally false. TD guys are running 30psi+ on cast pistons (I have personally run one race season with cast pistons at 26psi). Longevity depends on tuning, not on boost levels.

Nothing like quoting someone from 2 pages back. hehe ;)

G

·
OzSpeed said:
Totally false. TD guys are running 30psi+ on cast pistons (I have personally run one race season with cast pistons at 26psi). Longevity depends on tuning, not on boost levels.

Nothing like quoting someone from 2 pages back. hehe ;)
Did you race an SRT-4?
Did you win alot of races?

·
Registered
297 Posts
The problem is that the Mopar CSRs are NOT BEING TRAINED TO TAKE YOUR VIN #. I just ordered Stage 1, realized the next day that the gu forgot my VIN, called him back up and he had no idea what I was talking about; said he had NOT BEEN TRAINED TO ASK FOR THE VIN. What that means is that if you don't tell Mopar the info they need when you order it, you'll get an unflashed unit. Trust me, I just went through this. Uniqetwin is helping me rectify.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Ballardbeau said:
The problem is that the Mopar CSRs are NOT BEING TRAINED TO TAKE YOUR VIN #. I just ordered Stage 1, realized the next day that the gu forgot my VIN, called him back up and he had no idea what I was talking about; said he had NOT BEEN TRAINED TO ASK FOR THE VIN. What that means is that if you don't tell Mopar the info they need when you order it, you'll get an unflashed unit. Trust me, I just went through this. Uniqetwin is helping me rectify.
that's not totally correct. i ordered mine through blackdog motorsports and they asked me for my VIN and read it back to me after i told them what it was...... and my PCM still wasn't flashed right.

G

·
Ballardbeau said:
I ordered my S1 directly from Mopar through their website staring at https://www.dodgeparts.com/d/index.php.

No VIN was requested.

So I added my VIN# to the "Please let us know what type of vehicle you are purchasing these parts for" text box.

Then I confirmed with them via Email that they had actually received my VIN and that it would be flashed properly.

Then I found out I was on back order. :(

·
Registered
380 Posts
Ordered my S1 upgrade on 9/03. According to their site, they placed the order with the Mfg. on 9/05.

Well, no word so I decided to call, and talked to Dave.
He couldn't even find my paperwork.
I told him I give him another day to find out any details, then call back.

THEN, this came in my email:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Don I think that Chrysler messed up the order and we received a duplicate for another customer. Any way I have reordered the Turbo and I should see that order next week. I am sorry for the delay. I will stay on top of this order and let you know the status.

David Kent

Internet Parts Sales Director

1-800-731-1022

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If ANYBODY else has S1 on Back-Order from dodgeparts.com, PHONE them to check the details of your order.

My 2 cents.
Don

·
Registered
287 Posts
Tell me if im wrong, i see alot of people saying the Stage1 upgrade is sold AS-IS. I was under the impression, when ordered and installed through a dealer, you retain your warrenty on it, as its an official modification.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Passed CA smog with Stage 1. No problem.

Hey, I saw a post about people passing smog with stage one. Yes, I did it with 7000 miles on my car.

Here is the story. Bought a 2003 SRT4 on Ebay for $13,000. Bought a stage one kit at the same time the car was being shipped to me. Got the car, installed the kit after I drove home. Car started up no problem no codes, everything 100 good. I got the kit from Mancini Racing. They know what they are doing, got the VIN from me, everything was 100% good.

Took the car to my friend, and said; what should I do to pass smog now. He said. We will take it to my friend's shop. I changed the plugs, and the oil, and put new gas in it. Drove it to the shop. His machine didn't know what an SRT4 was, so he smogged it as a 2003 Neon 2.0. Not only did it pass, but it passed with flying colors. The smog sheet shows it being WAY WAY under all the max numbers. This MAY be because he only put the detector in one of the pipes, and didn't plug up the other one. But he seemed like he was doing everything by the book.

Am currently looking for 160 T-stat part numbers. Anyone have one?

-Silvercarguy

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
mopar,

Will the car run for more than 3-5 seconds? If, so your problem has nothing to do with this thread, I would suggest starting another one.

·
Registered
177 Posts
well it will sometimes start for a sec, and die and takes 30 seconds to turn on,all of my dash lights come on i have a new engine wiring harness on order and a new fuel pumpis waiting to go in do you think its something else?

41 - 60 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.