Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its only $156 from Mopar supercenter, was curious if this with a Mopar exhaust would be similar in gains to the MaxxFab Mopar turbo back.

I would like to order the MaxxFab side exit when it comes out, but my neighbor came out as bitched at me today saying if I leave me car on for more than 30 secconds without moving hes going to call the cops on me, side Exit wont do to well with the noise or the cops when they come =( damnit I really want that damn side exit...

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
Its only $156 from Mopar supercenter, was curious if this with a Mopar exhaust would be similar in gains to the MaxxFab Mopar turbo back.
I can tell you right now it's not. With the mopar exhaust and a cat delete, it's still a stock downpipe and stock piping all the way to the 2.5 catback.

If you have a 3 inch turboback exhaust even with cat, your going to see better numbers then with a 2.5 inch catback without cat.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
noTe said:
I can tell you right now it's not. With the mopar exhaust and a cat delete, it's still a stock downpipe and stock piping all the way to the 2.5 catback.

If you have a 3 inch turboback exhaust even with cat, your going to see better numbers then with a 2.5 inch catback without cat.
This is the what Mopar Supercenter says it is

"This kit includes an intermediate pipe and down pipe to allow optimum performance on the track."

I was thinking that this would just give me a 2.5 catless turboback...

If it still has the shitty 2.25 piping of the stock downpipe (I think thats the size, I am probably wrong) then ill just get the maxxfab one...

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im not planning on a big turbo kit... not anytime soon anyways thats why im looking at this. Seems like I cna get a 2.5 Inch turboback exhaust for $500 not to bad IMHO.

·
Registered
416 Posts
En-Glaived said:
Im not planning on a big turbo kit... not anytime soon anyways thats why im looking at this. Seems like I cna get a 2.5 Inch turboback exhaust for $500 not to bad IMHO.
With the modified Maxx/Borla you need to spend just a little more than 500 and you're getting a 3" DP (and it's still a good price).

I'm saving my pennies for one of these :frogtongu

·
OT Moderator
1,283 Posts
What up En-glavied long time no see. Bump to what SRT4ED said and just save up a little more and get that one. And I cant believe your neighbor complained about the sound of your car.....I would have laughed at that guy.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah its bullshit, he has a Porsche C4 and I think he has no cats because that thing is loud as fuck... whatever hes 50 im 18, cops wont listen to me.

But my problem with the Maxxfab Borla is this.

It goes from Stock o2 Housing (id rather not mess with it because my luck I will get an exhaust leak from changing it) which I think is 2.25 To a 3inch downpipe to a 2.5 inch exhaust.

It would just seem that going from smaller to larger flows better than smaller larger smaller.

MaxxFab Borla 2.25->3.0->2.5
Mopar “Turboback” 2.25->2.5->2.5

Correct me if I am wrong, im sure Scott knows perfectly what he is doing because he has exhaust stuff down pat and is a master of it but just something erks me about the 3.0 to a 2.5.

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
Just go with 3" everything. Why go through the hassle of taking the downpipe off, putting a 2.5 inch one on, then later on taking it off and putting a 3" one on.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im not going to change my exaust unless my stock turbo dies. I drive way to much to go with a big turbokit.

But I see what your saying... but for $500 with mopar quality.

Guess I will probably just get the MaxxFab 02 Housing and Borla exhaust I guess, X-Mas is coming up and my mom owes me some presents =)

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
En-Glaived said:
yeah its bullshit, he has a Porsche C4 and I think he has no cats because that thing is loud as fuck... whatever hes 50 im 18, cops wont listen to me.

But my problem with the Maxxfab Borla is this.

It goes from Stock o2 Housing (id rather not mess with it because my luck I will get an exhaust leak from changing it) which I think is 2.25 To a 3inch downpipe to a 2.5 inch exhaust.

It would just seem that going from smaller to larger flows better than smaller larger smaller.

MaxxFab Borla 2.25->3.0->2.5
Mopar “Turboback” 2.25->2.5->2.5

Correct me if I am wrong, im sure Scott knows perfectly what he is doing because he has exhaust stuff down pat and is a master of it but just something erks me about the 3.0 to a 2.5.
The reasons the dp is 3 inch is so I can make 1 dp that fits 2.5 inch Borla, systems, 3 inch custom systems, and the 3 inch MAXX Fab systems. Also, the 3 inch cat will outflow a 2.5 inch cat. So a 3 inch dp with a cat will flow probably flow as good as a 2.5 in catless dp.

Also, the Mopar cat delete pipe will still have to connect to the 2.25 inch bottle neck in the front of the Mopar cat pack, so even if the cat delete pipe is 2.5 inch, it'll have to neck down to 2.25 then back up to 2.5 for the remainder of the system.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no pic but check it out on moparsupercenter.com

Enter SRTFORM to get the forum discount.

Ahh I didnt know the 2.25 bottleneck on the Borla so screw this idea... welp, guess ill be ordering something from you soon Scott =) Just gotta get my Psi-Fi Traction kit dealie and my hotckiss sway kit, then another paycheck...

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
they only offer like 5 items for the SRT-4. can you please send me a link. Is this part actually available.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah sure since they love Java I cant do a direct link but here is the part number under Mopar Performance -> Neon -> 2004 -> SRT-4 -> Exhaust Systems -> SRT-4 Cat Delete Pipe [p4510649]

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Note that the cat delete pipe uses a resonator in place of the cat to retain the 'cat installed, officer' look. It also keeps the exhaust a little quieter.

I believe (and i haven't seen one to be sure) that it's designed to allow an exhaust shop to remove the 2.5 -> 2.25 -> 2.5 bottle neck when installed with borla 2.5".

If your trying to keep it civil, i'd go this route. Or call Maxxfab and see about having them design a similar system with a muffler or bigger resonator to keep it quiet. They produce some quality stuff :)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Thanks for the link info. Man, there website needs some streamlining.

does anyone know if the mopar downpipe uses a factory style flex section? If so that would make it worth it in my book. I have had too many failed/leaky flex sections in the past.

Also, is it actually available?

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
ebbtide said:
I believe (and i haven't seen one to be sure) that it's designed to allow an exhaust shop to remove the 2.5 -> 2.25 -> 2.5 bottle neck when installed with borla 2.5".
If they did design it that way, that would prevent you from reinstalling the OEM cat for emissions as the 2.25 inch reducer would now be missing.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I would put money on it that the so called "bottleneck" produces no power loss. It is more or less one of those things that just looks unpleasant to the eye.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
scottmech said:
If they did design it that way, that would prevent you from reinstalling the OEM cat for emissions as the 2.25 inch reducer would now be missing.
The removal isn't required. The dp is built to go onto stock system or into 2.5" borla, but as I recall, it was designed to allow modification if the user wants. And yes, this would prevent reinstallation of stock cat.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.