Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
No. Booger Bushings are a Booger part. Mopar will not carry them. You are better off purchasing the Mopar STS from a shop like Modern Performance and get the Booger Bushings with it, and then install the STS yourself. It is not a hard install at all. Even with the bushings it should take less than an hour.

·
Banned
5,283 Posts
Mopar super center sells them with boggers I believe for a good price. Check out their site down in the vendor section. Fast shippers too!!!

Dont buy a new boot cover. I would not go back there to get shit because they are going out of your way to rip you off. Go in there and do what slaytanic says. Get part numbers to both. Then go to tell them to fuck themselves and dont go back for parts to a place that is willing to rip you off.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Oh, and the original boot and shift knob fit perfectly. You do NOT need to buy new ones. Like every said, the dealer is trying to rip you off.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks

Thanks for all the awesome info! The reason I was looking for the bushings is that I am impatient and a local guy has the shifter for $99, but after getting the bushings for $20 and the shipping Im back up to $138 ordering online and waiting...Oh well...Thanks!

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
The bushings arent mandatory...some people like it without them. I only put two on, didnt put the ones under the hood on, and its very firm and I like it, still trying to break it in though cause it doesn't like to downshift to second still. Maybe (just a thought that would double your work if you changed your mind) you could just get the shifter, see how you like it and if there is too much play for your taste, buy the bushings...again just a thought.

·
Registered
386 Posts
my shift knob fits fine, i dont understand how people can pull them off when shifting gears...so violent. But i do want the MP one, looks nice

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dude, my knob came off when I was test driving the car at the dealership! Freaked me out. Chalk it up to inconsistent quality control at the factory. I still can't believe Dodge actually used that ridiculous press-on setup instead of threading, or at least set screws. I replaced the stock knob before I even brought the car home.

·
Banned
1,489 Posts
Blackpearl04 said:
my shift knob fits fine, i dont understand how people can pull them off when shifting gears...so violent. But i do want the MP one, looks nice
When I switched mine I just twisted and pulled and it popped right off. I never had it come off while shifting, but it didn't take much force to pull it off.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
i've had the stock shift knob on my mopar sts for over a year and it has not once come off. my friends think i hammer shift.

both the stock shifter and the sts have the exact same overall height. its the bottom part that provides the extra leverage. needing a new boot is dealer bullshit.

you cant downshift to second because our tranny is a beast and i dont think the synchros can keep up. doesnt have much to do with the shifter. do you rev match on downshifts? train yourself to rev match with the clutch out, like double clutching. just hardwire your foot to pop the clutch out as you're blipping the throttle, then immediately pop it back down and grab second. i do this all the time and my tranny behaves much better. i can downshift to first at like 10-15mph.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Slaytanic said:
Of course it'll work. You should ask them for the part number of the short throw boot and the number of the stock boot and see what they say. They're definitely trying to rip you.
ha ha thats funny you should do this. A great idea!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.