Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys read this off of MOPAR’s website? I’m willing to bet this will apply to our stage kits as well as every other MOPAR part that’s coming out. I’m also willing to bet that installing any MOPAR performance parts is going to void our 7/70,000 Warrant….which is a big reason I bought the car. I can tell you right now if that’s the case I won’t be buying any MOPAR performance gear… 

MOPAR PARTS BASIC 12-Month LIMITED WARRANTY
What Is Warranted
Except as listed below, MOPAR parts sold over the counter or wholesaled are warranted against defects in workmanship or materials for 12 months/unlimited miles for parts (exchange) only. Parts installed on a Chrysler, Plymouth, Dodge or Jeep® vehicle by an authorized Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep dealer are warranted for 12 months/12,000 miles for both parts and labor, or for 12 months/unlimited miles for parts (exchange) only, whichever is more favorable to the customer.
The following MOPAR products have time and mileage limitations, or warranty coverages that differ from the general coverage described above:
 Accessories including Air Conditioning Systems
 Batteries
 Catalytic Converters (if not replaced under the New Vehicle Emissions Limited Warranty)
 MOPAR Performance Engine Assemblies
 Master Shield® Protection Products
 Mufflers, Shocks, Struts and Bedliners
 MOPAR Remanufactured Parts, Engine Assemblies - Gas and Diesel, Powertrain Parts - Cylinder Heads, Transmissions and Transaxles and Antilock Brake Controllers
 MOPAR Replacement Sheet Metal
MOPAR Performance Parts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Even if it does void the warrenty, Mopar will know what the engine can take better than any aftermarket tuner. They won't put out parts that are harmful. If your looking for the safest upgrade, with the most potential, go Mopar.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point man, didn't think of it that way.

Then again, with all the problems I read about on the SRT-4 it makes me scared to go without any warranty. Look at poor Cali for example....

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
What do you mean 'all the problems' There have been two 'common' issues. One is the heatshield above the turbo coming loose, and two is the fog lights getting moisture. While annoying, they are not serious. Sure there were two cases of bad solnoids, one motor mount, and a few other independent problems that we found out about, but those are isolated. Problems like that happen to every car. The parts aren't always tested before they are put in the car, and the manufacturing process, while very detailed, can't catch everything. Cali's case is unfortunate, but he's the only report case of a problem like that. Every car, honda, toyota, etc, will have initial quality issues from manufacturing. It happens. Also, check with your dealer. While mopar parts might void the warrenty, it's only void if the part caused the problem. If the dealer is cool about the upgrades, they probably won't give you guff about a problem.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I think your being a little paranoid here PsychoMedic. Sure Cali has had some problems, but not the majority of cars sold from what i can tell here on the boards. Stay calm and wait for the official information from your certified service manager. If he tells you the warranty won't be voided, get it in writing! Think positive dude! 8)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're right I am paranoid. This is the most expensive purchase I've made and I can't afford to be having to fix stuff cause I voided my warranty.

Afterall, I've already blown up one Neon engine....If it happens on this one, I'd like it to be covered.

Oh well, I'll keep my hopes up and we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
CJ said:
I think your being a little paranoid here PsychoMedic. Sure Cali has had some problems, but not the majority of cars sold from what i can tell here on the boards. Stay calm and wait for the official information from your certified service manager. If he tells you the warranty won't be voided, get it in writing! Think positive dude! 8)
Thats right...althout my problem is a pain in the ass...I have found out its nothing major, nor mechanical. Granted they could have done a heck of a better job troubleshooitng, but so far all complains have been little annoyances. My case has been the most serious, and seriousness is debatable.

Im just glad I didnt have to lemon law my car :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, they're saying that Mopar suspension parts aren't covered by the standard 1 year warranty.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
To get advanced as an enlisted Navy guy (or gal), you must take a Navywide exam. All people in your job speciallty take the same exam the same day. The competition is tough. One thing tought early is that you MUST RTWFQ. Stands for Read The Whole Fucking Question. Look at this folks. This is the warranty statement for the parts, it does not say what, if any effect it has on the car itself. My guess (yes, guess!) is that these will not affect your 7/70 warranty.

·
Registered
400 Posts
My guess is that anything that could effect your car in a negative way (boost controllers, nitrous, etc) will void your warranty if it does effect your car in a negative way. Things such as exhaust, BOV shouldn't void anything seeing as its better for your car.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer.
As I understand the warranty and warranty laws, you still may be covered.
Here is an example:
You purchase a Stage 1 kit from Mopar and they install it. It comes with a 1 year parts and labor warranty. After 18 months an engine part brakes. This said part is an original part and was not part of the Stage 1 kit. That part and labor are still covered under your warranty as long as the Stage 1 kit did not cause the part to break. This is where most warranty disputes will arise from. It may be less of an issue if the aftermarket parts installed are Mopar parts, because Mopar may not be willing to say that their own part caused the problem.

This is covered in the warranty document that came with the car. Look on pages 12 and 13.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I think NoOneHome makes an excellent point, and this is how I have been looking at the situation the whole time. The part that is at the top of the post does not say anything about car warranty, only on the parts that are sold.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Guys, these are all excellent points, both for and against. In the end they all seem to make my point, WE DON'T KNOW ! In the end it will come down to getting it in writing from your service manager. I know mine has told me the mopar parts will not void the warranty. However, I have worked as a service advisor and I know how hard dealerships work to get around warranties. If you stick to your guns and demand it in writing, and get it, they will cover it.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
all it takes is to get something in writing from the dealer when you pick up the parts. ask if installing the stage parts, or anything for that matter will void the warranty on the rest of the car. if they say no, ask for it in writing and then save that with the recipt for the part / instalation.

if they say it will void the warranty, then you're on your own. do it if you want to, but you now know the consequenses (sp?)

-dave :twisted:

·
Registered
279 Posts
you guys dont have any major problems like we do, do ya? No pre-cats breaking up and being sucked back into the engine? No oil burning issues? If not, then be happy you've only got water in yer fogs haha.

Also, anyone heard of the Magnussen-Moss act? (sp?). It basically says that unless the aftermarket part is directly responsible for the problem, they cant void your warrenty. When i talked to the nissan people they said the same thing to me (thankfully). He was like "if you install an exhaust and your tranny goes, its not yer fault. But if the exhaust causes lower backpressure and scortches the valves, then yer f**ked." (sorta like that haha)

-Adam

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.