Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys...since there was some talk about what's next on the other thread, I thought I would start some convo about Mopar parts that will be available very soon.

There is a ton of product coming out for the SRT-4 and early gen Neons that I will share shortly...in the meantime, for the neon owners...

Just wanted to let you know that the A855 (engine code for SRT-4) will be available for drop in from Mopar. That's right, the 2.4 turbocharged SRT-4 crate engine will be a part number from Mopar.

Here's a heads up on Mopar parts available for SRT-4...

- Cold Air Intake System
- Catback Exhaust
- Blow off valve
- Adjustable Coilover suspension
- Gauges
- Valve Covers (all colors and carbon fiber)
- Stage 1,2,3 turbo upgrades
- LSD
- Short Throw Shifter

There will also be a ton of aftermarket products available as well from other manufacturers like:

- StopTech big brake upgrade
- Carbon Fiber Hood
- Bodykits (possible widebody)

I'll post release dates shortly...they are sooner then later.

BJ

·
Registered
160 Posts
Damn dirty apes couldn't put an LSD on the 03's.....bastards. I bet that damn LSD costs at least $2k too... :cry:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thats $1,200 I'd rather spend on Staged upgrades.

So since we don't have LSD would it better a better upgrade to buy the LSD or the Stage 2? The reason I ask is because I'm using the money from my other Neon to pay for it and can only afford one...so which would be the better for my money?

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
I think we need to get rid of wheel spin before adding anymore horsepower. I'm going with the LSD first before stage 2. More horsepower will only spin the tires.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
ok i agree with grunge and Grunge thats a good sig cause we cant cow tip in Tampa :roll: :twisted:

·
Registered
160 Posts
So you guys think an LSD will actually improve 1/4 mile times?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
PsychoMedic said:
So you guys think an LSD will actually improve 1/4 mile times?
More traction = more power to the pavement = faster car = better times.

-faast

E

·
0 Posts
A drag race is won and lost in the 60'... For every tenth you knock off there, its safe to assume you will knock off TWO in the 1/4.

My DSM vs. My Supra is living proof of that..

High 1.8 60' == [email protected] == Supra
Low 1.7 60' == [email protected] == DSM

·
Registered
726 Posts
Hey guys...since there was some talk about what's next on the other thread, I thought I would start some convo about Mopar parts that will be available very soon.

There is a ton of product coming out for the SRT-4 and early gen Neons that I will share shortly...in the meantime, for the neon owners...

Just wanted to let you know that the A855 (engine code for SRT-4) will be available for drop in from Mopar. That's right, the 2.4 turbocharged SRT-4 crate engine will be a part number from Mopar.

Here's a heads up on Mopar parts available for SRT-4...

- Cold Air Intake System
- Catback Exhaust
- Downpipe
- Blow off valve
- Gauges
- Turbo Timer
- LSD (will be stock on '04)
- Short Throw Shifter
- Shift Knob
- Swaybars (front and rear- adjustable)
- Strut Tower Brace

There will also be a ton of aftermarket products available as well from other manufacturers like:

- StopTech big brake upgrade
- Carbon Fiber Hood
- Bodykits (possible widebody)

I'll post release dates shortly...they are sooner then later.

BJ
That's a great list BJ, very impressive. How about some ballpark $ figures for a LSD and the staged turbo upgrades...can you oblige us?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Actually, more like every .1 in the 60ft will be good for around .140-.150 at the top end. I really doubt the LSD will help all that much with the amount of power the SRT makes, but we'll have to see. A nice set of slicks will go a long ways.

TTYL,

Steve K.

Former owner of an 11 second all motor 2.4l Neon

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Stop Tech Website for Performance Brake Kits

http://www.stoptech.com/

Big Brake Kit
Dodge SRT-4 2003+ Big Brake Kit -Front, 2 Piece Floating 328mm x 28mm Slotted Rotors with 4 Piston ST40 Calipers Black Anodized, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Billet Aluminum Brackets, Brake Pads

$1695.00 - Item No. 83-240-4300

Big Brake Kit
Dodge SRT-4 2003+ Brake Kit - Standard Version - Front, 1 Piece 328mm x 28mm Slotted Rotors with 2 Piston ST20 Calipers Painted Black, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Brake Pads

$1295.00 - Item No. 82-240-2300

·
Registered
59 Posts
BJ
so the engine in the srt-4 can be bought seperatly from the car? or am i reading this wrong? lemmie know

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
[/quote] Cold Air Intake System
- Catback Exhaust
- Downpipe
- Blow off valve
- Gauges
- Turbo Timer
- LSD (will be stock on '04)
- Short Throw Shifter
- Shift Knob
- Swaybars (front and rear- adjustable)
- Strut Tower Brace

So what on that list WILL void the factory warrenty?, I have always been curious. Im guessing nothing there will void the warrenty but a boost controller would?

·
Registered
281 Posts
The only question i want anwsered is will the mopar parts an upgrades we buy keep our car under warrenty because the only thing keeping me from upgrading is that..

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
I want LSD but it's too expensive!!!i believe to get to the tranny u must lift the car up and take off the driver side wheel to get to it....tell me if i am right??

·
Premium Member
784 Posts

BJ
Hmmmm wonder what the price is on that. Would like to see that thrown into a older FWD Dodge :twisted:

1 - 20 of 102 Posts