Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
hahaha even AGP said it's crap. I had the AGP for a while but I opted to sell and save money for an aftermarket. Sounded like a typical woosh and the quality of the AGP was good. To me the turbo had a little more lag in it...that's the main reason i took it off. I liked the sound somewhat because it let the little bit of ricer come out in me that I didnt know I had ;)

·
Registered
427 Posts
hey, don't you guys (AGP) profit from making these, why you trashing your own product?
btw, if you got tons extra you can send me one at cost :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
He isn't dogging it, just said it's using the STOCK BOV and it's a plate.
The agp is cheaper...so thus he agreed with his own product..nothing negitive.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
If you had to get one get the mopar. I have heard horror stories about the AGP and the Mopar is a pretty solid piece.

If you have the 289 for the Raptor BOV/UPP I would get that.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I agree with chubz,get the Mopar.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
i have the mopar and my friend has the agp....they both work the same...but if you compare them the mopar is a more solid looking peice..where as the agp LOOKS like you could pull it apart

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have the agp evm, and yea it does look like it can fall apart after some time.. but probably not since it's bolted down.. well mine makes the bov really loud which i luv.. dollar for dollar.. for something i plan to only use for alittle bit until i get FMIC, UPP w/BOV and Turbo upgrade.. the agp evm is great... :p

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Dont forget you can get nearly new mopar BOVs for under 50 bucks, mine was 45 shipped brand new.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
stubock said:
sigh, get a real bov. if you cant afford it, save for it
That doesnt work for every one.

I dont plan on boosting past stock for awhile so whats the point? Besides the Mopar BOV works with Stage 2 so again whats the point?

And for us Cali folks slapping on a regular BOV would fail in an emissions test. The Mopar got flying colors. Could have been a dumb tech but it passed.

·
Registered
616 Posts
chubz said:
And for us Cali folks slapping on a regular BOV would fail in an emissions test. The Mopar got flying colors. Could have been a dumb tech but it passed.

Hmmmm....that's a question that I've had for some time. All the same, I'm considering polishing off the blue anodizing around the edges to make it look a little more factory. The more it looks like it's supposed to be there, the safer I'll feel....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ok,Here I am again trying to learn all that I can about the turbo systems. How does a true BOV make it a performance mod? I understand that the Mopar BOV plate is not(except a very little) a performance mod other than it venting the hot air into atmosphere and not the intake. Please educate me on why I would use a true BOV for performance, thanks,LB

1 - 18 of 18 Posts