Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just got my srt 4 and was looking through the car and noticed that in the rear the sway bar was not connected to the struts and with further investigation I found that the struts are not for the srt 4 (wear on the spring supporter from the tire and no sway bar end link connector). Now my question is that does anyone know where I can get some stock struts for the srt 4, I looked on rockauto and found nothing and on modern performance their prices were very high imo. If you can't get oem struts anymore my next question is, would some cheapish coilovers work for daily driving with no track days.I found a company called EMUSA that offer $400 coilovers which some people on the schassis forums claim they are made in the same factory as meagan racing (this was back in 2010 not sure if its true anymore lol). My questions is how good (or bad) is the quality on these cheaper coilovers, I just don't want them to break on the first pothole or to blow in the first corner I take. I understand the more you pay the better quality you get but for my purpose with no tracking I doubt I would be able to feel the difference between expensive and cheap ones when i'm just driving on the streets. Also how will these effect ride quality? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
if the car is on stock springs now, any coilover is going to ride more harsh. I dont know the specs on the emusa setup to have any idea on how stiff the spring rate is on them. Other than modern performance, i dont know of anywhere to get oem struts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts