Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have received a shipment of the Mopar SRT-4 Lowering Springs. 25mm drop.

Retail is - $398.00

Our Price - $378.65 WITH tax AND shipping!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
What are the spring rates or do they even say?

Is Mopar suggesting to use these with factory struts without any bottoming out/reduced strut life issues?

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
SRT-4sjf said:

Is Mopar suggesting to use these with factory struts without any bottoming out/reduced strut life issues?

^^^^ that's one of my concerns with the Eibachs.
Do you have any info on this Kelly?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Woo! Mine are on their way! Thanks Kelly!

·
Registered
564 Posts
SRT-4sjf said:

So where's the answer to this question? Becasue If I buy them and end up killing my struts or needing new ones to go w/ the springs then I'd be pissed why I did this instead of saving for the Stage 2 Coilovers.. Or is this a subject that no one really knows the answer to.. or they do but don't want to say b/c it might hurt the sales on these things..

·
Registered
539 Posts
SyVoL said:
So where's the answer to this question? Becasue If I buy them and end up killing my struts or needing new ones to go w/ the springs then I'd be pissed why I did this instead of saving for the Stage 2 Coilovers.. Or is this a subject that no one really knows the answer to.. or they do but don't want to say b/c it might hurt the sales on these things..

I won't even comment on the excessive nature of your comments there.

If you needed new struts too, then it's likely that Mopar, since they also make the car, would suggest purchasing them as well. Besides, many people run much lower springs than these, and they do not need new struts. I think you're safe.

·
Forum Moderator
3,189 Posts
I will add some experience here and you can take it for what it is....This is on my 2001 R/T...NOT my SRT-4....I purchased goldline springs and left on the factory struts...within 2 days I blew my first strut (right front) this was from hitting what felt like a speed bump on a major highway....within a week I purchased the Mopar ACR Koni adjustable struts (two struts just for the front...very costly 800.00 each) but they were 3 times a thick as the factory R/T struts and worked amazing...the ride was excellent and the adjustable was a few twist and you went from very stiff to soft luxury like ride....Then my back left strut blew...repeat process as above....So I guess my lesson learned is this: If you lower your car and stiffen up the spring then you had better consider better performance and durable struts because the stockers will eventually blew...My suggestion is to wait until they blow before replacing...Hope this helps

·
Registered
556 Posts
My local dealership is installing these on an SRT as we speak.
I'm going down tomorrow to check em out.
I'll get the scoop on how these will affect the warranty of the struts.

·
Forum Moderator
3,189 Posts
That I would be curious about because Since I installed after market springs my dealer told me straight out no warranty for the struts....But since this is a Mopar spring you would think if it blew the struts it would be warrantied???

I also took a look at the SRT4 struts and they are quite a bit "beefier" than the Neon R/T stocker.

·
Registered
13,864 Posts
If the aftermarket part (spring)caused the failure of the warrentied part (the strut) than they will not repair it under warranty. Mopar Performance is an aftermarket company, and is not OEM.

If you replaced the stock springs with OEM stock springs, and blew a strut, than warranty would cover it.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Those springs look pretty good, 1" drop. Apparently they damn near eliminate wheel-hop and tighten up the handling significantly.. For 300$ you can't go wrong. I'm sold.
I think these springs, some Progress/Hotchkis sway bars and a complete set of urethane bushings should cure this beasts handling issues for the right price. Reduced wheelhop and torque steer won't hurt either.

·
Registered
845 Posts
kink 420 said:
Those springs look pretty good, 1" drop. Apparently they damn near eliminate wheel-hop and tighten up the handling significantly.. For 300$ you can't go wrong. I'm sold.
I think these springs, some Progress/Hotchkis sway bars and a complete set of urethane bushings should cure this beasts handling issues for the right price. Reduced wheelhop and torque steer won't hurt either.

lets see some pics?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts