Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just as it says, should i get the full coilover systems or do illumina struts with eibach springs, endlinks, and camber kits. which of the 2 is better worth what your getting. the car will be a daily driveri just wanted a tighter suspension and a better overall look to the car. let me know and advantages one has over the other. thanks

·
Registered
333 Posts
For street driving either one will do. Coilovers have a lot of features and are really designed for the track, but most people just buy them to get a lower stance for the street. With coilovers you can corner weight the car, you can swap springs for different spring rates, you can tune your damping in for what kind of driving you are doing, and they are lower profile so you can fit bigger wheels and tires. A shock/spring combo will give you a lower stance and better handling, but you don't get the height adjustability. Also, most lowering springs are softer than coilovers springs (Eibach fronts are around 225# where IPP coilover fronts are 336#, for instance), but for the street softer is probably better anyways. Cost is a factor for most people. You can get Illuminas and S-Tech springs from eBay for $700. Illuminas and Eibachs are going to be about $750. Coilovers are going to be between $1100-$1600. So there is about a $500 difference between shocks/springs or coilovers. I have Illuminas/Eibach Pro-Kit and I am happy for daily driving. I put the Mopar S3's on a friend's car last week and they are very nice too. It just depends how much you want to spend basicly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.