Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do the IPP coilovers compare with the Mopar stage 3s?
Also, what is the difference between a coilover and a spring?

Thanx

·
Registered
520 Posts
i would stick with the mopar parts when it came to suspension but u do what u want

·
Registered
854 Posts
Mopar

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Hey blkraidersrt, how is your car coming along? I'm that fresno guy, I just cracked under pressure and gave into the performance dodge sale and bought the mopar catback and sts...cant wait for it to arrive. I will probably be getting s2 coilovers cause i dont see myself playing with the s3 adjustments. As far as coilovers and springs are concerned, I have heard some people just getting springs and blowing out their struts...dont know how common a problem that is, but I dont wanna risk it and dont want a bouncy ride where i feel everything so i will be lookin into coilovers. springs are just springs, youll keep the stock strut, coilovers are shocks inside springs that are firm but supposedly comfortable. I'm hardly an expert in this area though, just started reading, so someone else may post better info.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
What do you want ???

If you want GREAT performance and great ride quality , buy the Mopars. If you ONLY plan to race your car on the twisty track , and ride quality is not an issue , buy the IPPs.
I bought the Mopars , and am damned glad I did.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey ya slow ford

Hey, good to see the mod bug bit ya! I'm still waiting on that f*&^ing stage 2 w/o toys from Modern Performance. I am starting to lose patience tough, since its been over 6 weeks. Anyhoo, I will probably get the mopar s3s I guess. Along with strut bars and bigger sway bars. I know another guy on this board who lives in Madera, with a yellow srt. We should get together after we mod and compare. :)

Stay cool :cool:

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Yeah I ran into another guy with a blue one like mine and he just bought it after I did, hes stock. I see a red one around a lot and the guy regularly waves at me, seems nice, I heard hes stage two and i see the big front mount, dont know what else, but I heard its decked out. I actually was just lookin at the recent issue of SCC and the little I paroosed kinda disappointed me. They installed S2 on their car and used cali grade 91 and the results were not very impressive, then again I think they were dealing with an 03 and I dont know if that made much of a difference, but they weren't even over 250 hp I dont think, I could be way off. Anyway, maybe after you get yours you can report to me and let me know if its worth it. We should try to get together, I think there are about 6 or probably more around the area, yall can whoop on me, might be fun!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts