Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the mopar catback as well as the mopar catless downpipe with the 2.5" resonator it comes with, kinda retarded i had to pay for an extra resonator but anyway. After getting everything installed, the exhaust tips stick out like 2inchs away from the bumper and i have all the pipes fully pushed towards the downpipe side, so is this catback supposed to stick out like that? or is there something im missing to get the exhaust tips to sit flush with the bumper like the stockers...

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
You probably are gonna have to get back under and twist the pipe area that has the bend in it, this makes the pipes go in and out some, the pipe kept drooping on me after I would tighten it and it would push the tailpipes out of alignment. It took me 3 days to eventually get mine right, but I was doing it by myself with one jackstand. Just get back under it and start twisting and it will go.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I have the same setup and my tips also extend about a few inches from the bumper. Personally, I like the way it looks. With the cat-delete, you should have any problem regarding alignment, tips *should* be aligned perfectly and stick a few inches out of the bumper.
The reason why you paid for the extra resonator is bc since u removed the cat, 2 renosators were required to keep noise levels not too loud. There's one small resonator closer to where the cat was, and a bigger one further back.
I hopeyou like the sound. I love it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
honestly i liked the stock exhaust sound better, but like the way the car acts now with the new exhaust, has anyone welded both resonators back in the downpipe/catback combo, will it give it back the sound? i have a really loud resonance right below 3krpms on the highway with the a/c on - little less loud without. It also finally threw a CEL after about 300 miles and stayed on for a full day, now its been 3 days past that and i havent got a CEL again... so as long as the CEL isnt on i can pass the OBDII scan correct?

·
Registered
19,512 Posts
XxWicked_MagixX said:
I just installed the mopar catback as well as the mopar catless downpipe with the 2.5" resonator it comes with, kinda retarded i had to pay for an extra resonator but anyway. After getting everything installed, the exhaust tips stick out like 2inchs away from the bumper and i have all the pipes fully pushed towards the downpipe side, so is this catback supposed to stick out like that? or is there something im missing to get the exhaust tips to sit flush with the bumper like the stockers...
They will definately stick further out. Just another 1" or so if I rememebr correctly.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
You like the stock sound better than the Mopar full turbo back? :stab:
That's a 1st.

None the less, the stock exhaust had 1 cat and 2 resonators. Now with the full mopar turboback you have no cat and still 2 resonators.

1st time I hear of someone not liking the sound. :grunge:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is the big can on the mopar downpipe a resonator? cause i only have 1 of the stock looking resonators now. i like the idle exhaust note and around town driving noise, but the highway resonance/drone is just annoying at around 75mph expecially with the a/c on and accellerating...

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh yeah i got the tips to finally sit correctly and straight - just took a few days of messing with it like stock1sc said...yeah they stick out like 1inch but look good like that...

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Yes, that's another smaller resonator.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Weezheat said:
1st time I hear of someone not liking the sound. :grunge:
It's ok buddy, breath... :jester:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Yeah mine sticks out about 1.5" and I think it looks/sounds badass.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
just got mine on last weekend. I love it. mine isnt aligned good yet either im still messin with it. the pass side tip sticks out further. sounds great though.

·
Registered
815 Posts
i have the same exhaust mine lines up perfectly we just had to twist the back drivers side up a lil over the back axle just takes time and an extra hand

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
anyone know if i can pass emissions testing if the CEL isnt coming on or is it still throwing a code but just not putting the CEL on? It came on once for a full day after driving 3 hours to the beach but after that it hasnt come back on. I plan on getting stage2 w/o toys soon aswell will that totally eliminate the CEL?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts