Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would get more of a popping sound, but not.

Is this normal?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
srt4fun80 said:
if you just put it on, give it sometime to resonate. it will get louder
I think I had it on for about 300 or so miles.. like 2 or 3 weeks

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
yeah, it should be getting pretty well resinated. mine was on for seriously about 3k miles and then all of the sudden i noticed it actually started to sound louder, lol
and latley it seems very loud and pops more then it ever did before. i also have been tuning the car, so can't say for sure

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
havent tuned mine, but was going to put my AGP FMIC and a AEM SRI on

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
why go from the cai to the sri??? the cai is much better imo
i have track times to prove it. cai always trapped higher then the sri did.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
How did the pipe effect your interior as far as making new squeaks, rattles and buzzes? Had an O/R x-pipe and borla stinger cat-back on my Mustang and it buzzed and squeaked every part of the interior.

If the rattles aren't too bad, it probably won't bother me but I'd still like to know before I buy the cat-delete and the Mopar cat-back. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I have the full Mopar exhaust (both downpipe and catback) and the interior does buzz after 6000 miles, mostly at the rear section, but i can feel a bit right by the coin tray area, only when decelerating in gear, but at WOT sounds really good and no rattles or squeaks at all...

·
Registered
465 Posts
i agree i have both Mopar DP and Cat back sounds yummy at WOT and when decelerating in gear its gets pretty noisey. And i have about 2k on the exhaust and its sounds better then when i first put it on, give it some time.

·
Registered
465 Posts
srt4fun80 said:

Wouldn't there be almost no differance between a CAI and SRI considering when the air passes through the Turbo it gets heated up and then cooled again through the intercooler?

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
NeoSRT4 said:
I have the full Mopar exhaust (both downpipe and catback) and the interior does buzz after 6000 miles, mostly at the rear section, but i can feel a bit right by the coin tray area, only when decelerating in gear, but at WOT sounds really good and no rattles or squeaks at all...
I'd prefer zero plastic buzzings, but that's probably impossible when you start making exhaust upgrades. Some claim that the Mopar exhaust DP and CB are the least obnoxious on the interior resonance so that's what I'll go with.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As of right now I have a V6 needswings DP with a custom Borla catback(single tip 4" tip). Sounds amazing. Almost like a 4 banger supra

·
Registered
368 Posts
Jays2.4Turbo said:
srt4fun80 said:

Wouldn't there be almost no differance between a CAI and SRI considering when the air passes through the Turbo it gets heated up and then cooled again through the intercooler?
SR- hot engine bay air
CAI- Cooler out side air, with more packing into the filter at speed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts