Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else has problems with their mopar CAI rubbing on the hood? I know of one other person who is having the exact same problem. I've readjusted all the piping, turned the connectors, etc but it still rubs. I've readjusted every 4 times now and nope, still rubs. I've tried to get it to sit as low as possible. It's only rubbing in a small spot at one of the bends, but still annoying (no I don't have a strut bar).

Any info would help, I might just go get a piece of heat resistant rubber and slap it on there so it doesn't rub metal to metal.

·
Registered
226 Posts
replace the supplied Rubber mount that screws into the battery tray and bolts to the CAI bracket with a 1/4" or so rubber grommet and a longer bolt that will fit. It should lower it around a quarter of an inch. I had to do this in order to install my DC brace.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Let us know how it worked out for you. What I actually used was one of my stock rubber shifter base bushings. I replaced them with billet ones. Worked like a charm. But if you don't have one of those readily available, a gromet like I mentioned above will work perfectly.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
never had that problem with mine. i dont know what its called but the lil nipple on the valve cover should line up perfectly with the nipple on the intake so u shouldnt have a bend in the hose connecting the two at all.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Mine does not rub there at all, and it should line up as the previous poster mentioned above. I would try that trick of lowering the rubber mount, or perhaps you put the wrong mount under the intake? I can't remember if the other rubber mount in the kit is shorter or not?

·
Banned
4,828 Posts
Had the iceman, upgraded to stg3. Dumped it, got the Injen, nothing but smiles, with this thing. 5minutes to clean the filter, only need a 10mm, and a 5\16". $$$$$$$ :) Funk the rest, carb approved the injen is, with sticker, yes!! I got mine for 160 brand new!! :_

·
Registered
798 Posts
mine rubs as well...you are not alone...even had the guys at the dealership try and adjust it to no avail...thank god for touch up paint...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts