Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finaly i ordered my mopar bov,and the guy in parts told me that it is not a good idea to get bov, because it is going to void waranty and the bov can damage the car.
he saz that it will reduce the intake air temperature and things will go wrong from there.
i did ordered anyway.
do you think that bov can damage the car?because it it will send air in atmosphere?

·
Registered
388 Posts
That guy doesn't know shit. Your car will be fine, mine is, been running the Mopar BOV for 2 months no problems, so have 2 other guys I know.

·
Registered
236 Posts
thats BS. all a BOV does is let air into the atmosphear. has nothing to do with air intake temp. have had mine for 4 months with no probs. and it will not void warrenty unless it can be proven that the bov caused the prob in the first place, which i dont know what prob a bov could cause?? that man is a jackass.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
I remember reading about someone a few days ago who had their warrenty voided for the mopar bov...

BTW I asked my dealership today if the staged kits would void the warrenty and they said all of them would, then I asked if the BOV would void the warrenty, and they said YES. I proceeded to have my 3000 mile warrenty oil change thingy and they didn't say a thing about the BOV..

It all really just matters whether your dealership are dicks or not IMO.

Either way, the Moss Magnusen Act prevents (or apparently just attempts to prevent..) them from not honoring your warrenty unless they can prove that the part was to blame. It seems Dodge from what I've read has disregarded this law and voids peoples warrenties anyways. If you have a lawyer or are willing to use one then I wouldn't worry about upgrades until you are actually confronted about them...

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Dealers who threaten you with voiding your warrenty for having a mopar Race valve are actualy stating that due to my instuctions. I tell them to tell there customer that because it serves no performance gain at all and it contributes to noise polution.

So next time they threaten you, give them a beer. :)

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that what it saz in mopar after market part magasine
that the bov maximizes the function of your vehicle turbo system by venting excess,hot compressed air into the atmosfere,thereby reducing your intake air temperature.is there anything wrong with that?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
If something breaks as a result of a part they "can" void your warrenty.

But the Mopar BOV WILL NOT VOID OR HARM YOUR CAR!

Mine has been in with the BOV on and no problem! And as far as changing intake temp that is a load of shit! the BOV goes on the Exhaust manifold, not the intake!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Oh yeah, and i really wish that I could figure out how to reduce my intake air temperature! Cooler = better! But it just vents the air instead of dumping it back into your exhause like stock. NO PERFORMANCE GAIN or loss!

Maybe an aftermarket BOV other than the Mopar will help you spool up faster, but the car has a silent BOV that is called a Vaccume Compression Valve that does the same job, with no noise.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Vypurr said:
If something breaks as a result of a part they "can" void your warrenty.

But the Mopar BOV WILL NOT VOID OR HARM YOUR CAR!

Mine has been in with the BOV on and no problem! And as far as changing intake temp that is a load of shit! the BOV goes on the Exhaust manifold, not the intake!

The BOV goes on the turbo induction portion of system, not the exhaust system.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
The BOV goes on the turbo induction portion of system, not the exhaust system.
Oops, I forgot that the Mopar went there! I was thinkin an aftermarket one on the Hardpipe!

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
The hardpipes is also on the induction part of the system. YOu might confuse the hotpipe i sell with the word hot. What i mean by that is that the air is hotter there cause it did not go into the fmic yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Vypurr said:
Oops, I forgot that the Mopar went there! I was thinkin an aftermarket one on the Hardpipe!
As Exhaust Depot said, a BOV needs to be on the cold side (remember, suck = intake, blow = exhaust.) of the pipes. In turn, the BOV should be very close to the throttle body for the best performance. When the vaccum is sent to the top nipple of any blow off valve, it is giving the instruction to open the valve and thus letting out excess air in the system.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts