Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
i just bought a mopar blow off valve plate. I am going to be making my own gasket just was wondering what you recomend to make the gasket. Such as rtv or paper, and what bolts i need to buy. Thank you

·
Registered
305 Posts
Can i ask why ur making ur own gasket? I used the one that came with the BOV and it's been working fine for almost a year now. As long as everything is bolted up coorectly, u should be fine. I have heard of others using sealant as a gasket, but IMHO, it's really not necessary.

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
ZeroCool's05acr said:
VatoZone???? is that where all the homies get their guns and such???
No, it's where all the homies go to buy 3 dollar parts at midnight with a 100 dollar bill while the rest of us with REAL midnight automotive emergencies stand in line for ½ a fucking hour becuase the register monkey has the crack the safe and change out that huge bill. Fuckers.

·
Registered
290 Posts
The mopar gasket isn't a very good quality item. I'd buy some high temp gasket paper from Autozone. As the other guy was saying, it's a sky blue color. Even with that though, the thing still leaks for me. Took it off until I can figure things out.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
what bout a BOP......if i have a mopar now would i just use the same bolts and gasket if i wanted to to install the BOP...???...with a BOV of coarse...or does the BOP come with it???

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
uberingram said:
No, it's where all the homies go to buy 3 dollar parts at midnight with a 100 dollar bill while the rest of us with REAL midnight automotive emergencies stand in line for ½ a fucking hour becuase the register monkey has the crack the safe and change out that huge bill. Fuckers.
that happens where you live too ??:deadcow:

·
Registered
368 Posts
ItsStockISwear said:
The mopar gasket isn't a very good quality item. I'd buy some high temp gasket paper from Autozone. As the other guy was saying, it's a sky blue color. Even with that though, the thing still leaks for me. Took it off until I can figure things out.

you must've installed it wrong because if you install it right it lasts and can handle

·
Registered
290 Posts
K-ToWn KiLLa said:
you must've installed it wrong because if you install it right it lasts and can handle
Kind of hard to mis-install something that is held up by three bolts. I've got these things down, can do 'em in about fifteen minutes. :stab: No installation problems, though I think my stock surge valve has a slight bend in it. Actually awaiting delivery of one now to try that out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts