Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK guys i installed my bov not too long ago and i had no problem with it. Then i took it out on the freeways to do some racing and when i got off the freeway I notice my blow off would go off when it was in vacum between 20 and 10, when i was pushing on the gas. So i thought i might of had a leak, wasnt really sure so i went back in and tighten the bolts and it still did it. So i went back and took it off and put some RTV sealant on it and it worked fine. So couple of days later i did the freeway thing did a extream race against a nissan with turbo and dam he gave me a run for my money! But got to love those long gears. He would loose a half of a car length from switching gears. Well i get back off the freeway and it started all over again. Ill be pushing on the gas in vacum between 20 and 10 and its starts to blow air out? And sometimes i notice if i hit a bump it would push air out a little not lot but just a nuff to hear it. So know im thinking it might be the TPS wire? My idle is fine its stays right at 900rpms in idle and doesnt move, but i think i can feel like a little very small jolt time to time when its in idle. Im thinking to take it in to the dealor? Another question should i leave the mopar bov on or take it off before i go in becuase i installed it myself and i dont want to have problems with my warrenty but i dont think it would? its ownly like 9days since i got the car from the dealor. If anybody can help me or have some answers. Please help? Also im thinking its just i was running my turbo hard at that point and the turbo is spoiling and its pushing out air when im in vacum when i push on the gas. But i started the car up today and its fine. The problem ownly been when ive been pushing the car?

·
Registered
156 Posts
the past few days i have noticed the same problem. i experienced the same thing as Jackelsrt but i have a rough idle also. maybe i have both problems....

kenneth

·
Registered
156 Posts
sent my srt-4 to the dealer this morning, i checked out the tps sensor myself by moving it around while it was running, the idle did become unsmooth.

hopefully that will solve the problem, i'll let you guys know what happens. maybe the mopar bov gasket in my srt-4 isn't bad, or gone bad yet... *knock on wood*

kenneth

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea so i brought the car into a different dealor ship that i bought that car from and they didnt know shit. This small dodge dealorship had my car for 8 hrs and still didnt know anything so i went and got my car and the check engine light was on, i was like WTF. And the service manager was like i dont know why its on. If u leave ur car we can figure it out. And i was like fuck this i left the car to you guys for 8hrs and its still no fixed. They said they dont have good nollege on the Mopar BOV. I was like give me my car and right all that on paper and im going to my dealor. So i have a appointment wensday morning. Yea i notice two nights ago my idle started to bounce between 9 and 12 to 1300rpms. Ive ownly had the BOV on for almost 2 weeks and i put sealant on it so i know thats not leakin. But when its idle i can feel the car idleing weird. But it stays at 9. so did u guys find out the problem yet?

·
Registered
156 Posts
The problem you have was the same as mine, they fixed it and i have seen no problems out of it at all.

before you take it to the dealer, put the factory intake back on. they didn't warranty mine, so i paid 180 bux to have it fixed... fun... otherwise just extend the wires to the tps sensor, they are just streched out too much.

the mopar bov sounds funny because of the tps sensor wires moving while under vaccum *spelling?

kenneth

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
JackelSRT said:
This small dodge dealorship had my car for 8 hrs and still didnt know anything so i went and got my car and the check engine light was on, i was like WTF. And the service manager was like i dont know why its on. If u leave ur car we can figure it out.
that is ghey... I hate dealerships :gay:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea right i got sealant on the boV so like shit. Im not gonna sit there and scrap that shit off. The dealor ship i went the first time said its not gonna void my warrenty. So well see what the other dealorship has to say tomarrow.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea so it was the TPS wireing and even haveing the mopar BOV they warrentied it. I didnt say anything about the BOV. So they replaced the wireing harness with all the wires. When i looked under the hood the wires looked all different and look like they were extended. Ownly have 1500miles on the car and just got first oil changed too. She also feels like it pulls harder. YEAAAAAAAAAA TIME TO RACE. GOD DAM IT its starting to rain. JUst got my car back. Sat night this blows!

·
Registered
378 Posts
ya i have the same prob, sometimes high idle when car is in neutrl and moving and low idle like it allmost cuts off when its sittin still and they told me the tps was comin out of the intake *comming aloose * and they arnt going to replace it like dumbasses cuz thats not the prob, the tps on mine is bad and i told em so im puttin stock airbox on there tomorrow and goin to get them to replace it ! bastard dealerships!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.