Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
link to install

Here is a link to the install. http://www.dodge-srt4.com./howto/bov.html

Read it and follow the instructions. Rememeber to mount the BOV with the half moon shape opening mated to the one on the turbo. I didn't, like a j/a, and had to take it off and do it again. :crying: If you have access to a lift, the third bolt can be gotten from underneath with a long extension and swivel socket. You may have to bend the oil line to get on the bolt so be careful because it will leak if it is moved to much. Hmmm, how'd I know that. :stab:

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
make sure the engine isn't hot and have some patience's as it will be needed.

·
Registered
606 Posts
MikeR said:
You may have to bend the oil line to get on the bolt so be careful because it will leak if it is moved to much. Hmmm, how'd I know that. :stab:

hmm, how'd you resolve that? I just took my BOV off to reseal, and now I'm leaking from this line... I just thought I destroyed the crush washers (or just need new ones), but now that you said that.....

·
Registered
252 Posts
Lazy me

Unfortunately, I am lazy. :embarrase I work on cars all day and since it is leaking extremely light, not even enough to drip, I have not repaired the line yet. I called the dealer and the part is very inexpensive. You are correct about the crush washers though. Alot of guys have replaced them and solved the problem.
Mike

·
Registered
252 Posts
OK Ray

Not to hijack this thread. :sorry: Ok Ray, I'll be in. :thumbsup: Everyone have a nice Labor Day Weekend.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
import killer said:
can ne1 clue me in on the best way n easiest way 2 do this
Took me about half hour, very easy.

take off the heat shield on top of turbo and remove wastegate, bend oil line. very simple after that.

·
Registered
641 Posts
omniphil said:
Took me about half hour, very easy.

take off the heat shield on top of turbo and remove wastegate, bend oil line. very simple after that.

No need for any of that. Actually i guess it would make it easier.

If you do not feel like removing other parts just go out and buy a craftsman reverse ratcheting wrench. It makes it easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts