Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i havent seen any reviews on this exhaust on here except back from 05'.

anyway, i bought the mopar/borla for 125 bucks used from my friend who sold his srt. i installed it myself and just had to get a few spots welded for 20 bucks, because the clamps were deformed or worn out somehow.

this exhaust sounds and looks awesome. the acceleration on this car is absolutely amazing now for the stock turbo....what a difference!!!! its a whole new car!!!!

the mopar/borla cat-back is actually quieter than the stock exhaust except at WOT, its a monster!!! it has a deeper tone, but its definetely not loud enough to get the attention of the cops, thats for sure.

THE STOCK EXHAUST IS A PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!

to anyone who still has a stock exhaust on their srt, get rid of it!!!! it was designed horribly compared to the mopar/borla. this is the exhaust the car should of come with from the factory, but than again, how would dodge make its money in aftermarket parts? even if i paid the full 350 or so dollars for it brand new, it still would of been worth it.

JUST DO IT!!!!

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
You have not seen much on it cause everyone graduated and went with a full 3", wait till you graduate one day and see the night and day difference. :)

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
x2 on that...I used to have a 2.5 mopar borla...got to a restriction point and got a 3" all the way back no cats no resonators...and what a hell of a difference!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Well i still have my mopar borla exhaust. The gains on it is very noticeable cant complain. I also have a mopar cai it was kinda difficult to install bt the gains where definitely worth it yu can even hear more of a swooshing sound. But the gains on that with the cai where pretty noticeble it was well worth the dough now if only my damn stage 2 will come through damnit.

·
Registered
252 Posts
endlessheart666 said:
with the price of s2 these days you could just go big turbo
Yeah but you cant seem to beat the reliability of the kits id rather pay that than have some inexperienced shop tune my motor imo. You cant beat the slap on and go.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exhaust Depot said:
You have not seen much on it cause everyone graduated and went with a full 3", wait till you graduate one day and see the night and day difference. :)
as soon as my warranty and extended warranty is up, im gonna try to go all out. maybe by then ill turn up the boost and add a few more goodies.

as for right now since im completely stock in terms of boost levels and everything else, the mopar cat-back is just fine.

i know this may sound gay, but the car is frighteningly fast now for some reason. never before have i gotten torque steer thanks to the lsd, but now after i put on the exhaust, ive noticed some torque steer when im in boost and the engine is much more aggressive, if that makes sense.

like i said before, once i turn up the boost and some more toys, ill be going full 3" on the exhaust, and im sure its gonna be a whole new car as compared to the mopar, but for now, the mopar will do.

·
Banned
40,227 Posts
My Borla exhaust melted my bumper on the driver's side...which reminds me...I still need to get that rear section straighten out and fixed....

·
Registered
252 Posts
sphipps said:
My Borla exhaust melted my bumper on the driver's side...which reminds me...I still need to get that rear section straighten out and fixed....
thats definitely a common occurance. The same shit happened to mine so dont feel as bad.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Milkit18 said:
i felt no "real" difference w/ installing it.

But i must say it sounds the best in my opinion. Deeper than stock.
i second that!!!! :thumbsup:

every other exhaust is too raspy and has too many cracks and pops.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts

anyway, i bought the mopar/borla for 125 bucks used from my friend who sold his srt. i installed it myself and just had to get a few spots welded for 20 bucks, because the clamps were deformed or worn out somehow.

this exhaust sounds and looks awesome. the acceleration on this car is absolutely amazing now for the stock turbo....what a difference!!!! its a whole new car!!!!

the mopar/borla cat-back is actually quieter than the stock exhaust except at WOT, its a monster!!! it has a deeper tone, but its definetely not loud enough to get the attention of the cops, thats for sure.

to anyone who still has a stock exhaust on their srt, get rid of it!!!! it was designed horribly compared to the mopar/borla. this is the exhaust the car should of come with from the factory, but than again, how would dodge make its money in aftermarket parts? even if i paid the full 350 or so dollars for it brand new, it still would of been worth it.
Install a 3in down pipe and you'll like it even more

the mopar/borla cat-back is actually quieter than the stock exhaust except at WOT
Not on my car its loud as fuck...surprised i havn't been pulled over yet.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
sphipps said:
Mine did the same thing. melted right to the bumper. Now i have a big piece of hard plastic on the top of the tip. but over all, it does sound great, and noticable gains.... but restriction comes into play and i must upgrade to a 3 inch. i kind of wish i went 3 inch turbo back to begin with.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A-Town SRT said:

Install a 3in down pipe and you'll like it even more

the mopar/borla cat-back is actually quieter than the stock exhaust except at WOT
Not on my car its loud as fuck...surprised i havn't been pulled over yet.
thats what ive heard.....the guy who i bought the mopar/borla from had a 3 inch downpipe with no cat and said it was a totally different car after having just the mopar exhaust and than installing a 3 in downpipe. this might be my next adventure....but for now im still enjoying the cat-back by itself....i can wait. :eveilgrin

·
SRTforums Member, SRT of the Month
3,046 Posts
SRT-4aKid's Brother said:
sphipps said:
X2! Installed the cbd tail surrounds and it's all better now.
X3 actually... not too bad, small part of the paint so now it shows through yellow on the very bottom, but yeah, it happened to me too...

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
just out of curiousity....you guys with the melted bumpers.....the bumper melted as a result of the tips actually coming into contact with the bumper am i correct?

it wasnt that the exhaust created so much heat on the tailpipes that the bumper just started to melt?

im only asking because i made sure when my mopar was installed that the tips were aligned and werent touching the bumper. i have about an 1/8 of an inch of space on one and a 1/4 of an inch of space on the other between the top of the tip and the bumper.....this shouldnt cause a problem right? or is there something else i can do to keep my bumper from melting?

i know a few guys by me had a problem with their bumpers melting...but if i remember correctly, they also had a issue with really crooked tailpipes:readclose

·
Registered
589 Posts
ORSRT05 said:
just out of curiousity....you guys with the melted bumpers.....the bumper melted as a result of the tips actually coming into contact with the bumper am i correct?

it wasnt that the exhaust created so much heat on the tailpipes that the bumper just started to melt?

im only asking because i made sure when my mopar was installed that the tips were aligned and werent touching the bumper. i have about an 1/8 of an inch of space on one and a 1/4 of an inch of space on the other between the top of the tip and the bumper.....this shouldnt cause a problem right? or is there something else i can do to keep my bumper from melting?

i know a few guys by me had a problem with their bumpers melting...but if i remember correctly, they also had a issue with really crooked tailpipes:readclose
I'd also like to know about this as well

·
Registered
396 Posts
Sorry to drift from the subject a bit here, but a lot of people have mentioned thier CAI's. I thought CAI and ram intakes did nothing for our cars because the stock box was so well engineered?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts